 CAD / 11624
  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required.

(...) I agree, but in the short term, I think seperate files may be simpler. (...) I thought so too, but the format document (way at the bottom) implies that this might be undesirable. I'm not sure I understand why, though : ( (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required.

(...) I do indeed think it would be undesirable. As we all know Stud.dat gets used every ware. There are a fair few instances were the clicking behaviours of two bricks would be different even though they are both referencing the same stud.dat file (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required.

I guess I'm thinking about this differently. It's not that the individual studs on the brick don't allow other mating angles. (IE you can place a 1 x 6 technic plate with rounded ends on any single stud at some funcky angles) It's the combination of (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required.

(...) Note also that a 1x4 brick can be attached to a 2x4 brick anywhere on about 70-80 degree angle if only attached by the end stud - its only the other studs hitting the sides that restrict it. ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required.

(...) I have tried to accommodate these sorts of behaviours in two ways: Priority and override. If two parts have different behaviours like a "dot" and a "Brick" the one that is moved to form the connection is the one that takes priority. If you (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required.

I should point out that priority and override are features of GLIDE and are not explicitly specified in the format. (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)