 CAD / 11627
Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 02:43:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
it would be slick to have the LCD info in the dat file, but
it might complicate issues being dicussed by the Ldraw committee : (
It seems that pov style includes aren't allowd in official files either
so maybe keeping it seperate for a while will be easier...

I really like the way the .dat format reuses geometry e.g. stud.dat. I think the
clicking format should be able to do the same thing. I imagine that would be
quite a bit more difficult to reuse if the clicking info was in the dat files.

Actually, I was thinking of writing a quick vb app that parsed dat files
and automatically genrates LCD info for parts that have stud and tube
primitives.  I bet that'd save a lot of time.

That’s a cracking idea. (In my part of the world cracking means good by the
way.) I imagine that it would still need some human input, as detecting ware
stud inlets are would be extremely difficult. But that program would certainly
make it a lot easier to start with. You wouldn't have to write all the clicks
from scratch just some of them.

--Dan.