 CAD / 11625
Re: Quick way to mirror-image a model?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 02:38:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
To unmirror, the C element should be -1.

Err, I'm not sure what you mean by unmirror.  I got
(0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0   0 0 0) for a mirror.ini exception matrix, which
looks yours except for the sign of that one number.

Unreflect is a better word--just undo the X coordinate swap that -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 does.

I believe they're equivalent things--I'm doing a clockwise rotation, then
negating the X coordinate swap, you're doing the opposite rotation.  I think
both work for the part.

Works like a charm so far, and I haven't found any parts that
aren't solvable by a single exception matrix yet.

Me neither.

Yeah, and we don't need no models with no funky new parts that don't mirror
right anyway! ;-)

And generating the MIRROR.INI file.  I did some corner parts, some
triangular wings, some minifig arms and legs, and some technic liftarms.
I also created a tiny C program to parse MIRROR.INI and use it to mirror
a file across the ZY plane.  It seems to work so far.  The source, ini,
and a windows command line executable is here:

  http://ldglite.sf.net/mirwin.zip

If anyone wants to update MIRROR.INI for all 2500 parts, that'd be
fantastic.

Can't promise that--I am adding an exception matrix editor to my program that
should make the task easier though!

Carl