 CAD / 11612
Re: Quick way to mirror-image a model?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:12:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
The main practical effect on MIRROR.INI would be that normal parts
would have a mirroring transform (1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1) instead of the
standard transform.

Err, Shouldn't that be (-1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1)?  You have to negate the
X coordinate to mirror across the Z axis.

Sorry, I misunderstood the terminology.  I figured you could either mirror
across a plane, or along a line.  You can't mirror across a line - it's 1D.  So
I assumed when people were writing about mirroring 'across the Z axis', they
meant to use the XY plane as the mirror.

So, yeah - for right/left mirroring, you'd negate the X coordinate.

Steve