 CAD / 11610
Re: Quick way to mirror-image a model?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:55:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
You could make mirror.ini more human-readable if the 'normal' parts
were just flagged.  Something like:

2546.DAT      default
41770.DAT     exception  41769.DAT     0  1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1  0 0 0

Actually I was thinking of deleting them from the file to make it
smaller.  The only problem is remembering which ones were deleted and
which ones are new at update time.  I'm not sure how to automate
additions either way.  Probably have to use the sorted properties of
parts.lst

Keep a full.mirror.ini, with all the default entries.  A simple grep
drop the extra lines, giving us mirror.ini.

Or generate a parts.lst (and stash it somewhere) before adding parts,
then diff it with the new parts.lst.  I'm not sure how grep fits into
your plan though...

I think that makes sense.  Apply the mirror transform and/or substitution
from MIRROR.INI individually to all parts in the subfile, then apply a
global mirror (across whatever axis you want) to the whole subfile.

It sounds so simple.  Could it be?

Well, it depends entirely on whether or not applying two mirroring
transformations always gives an un-mirrored result.  If that's true,
then we're good.

My math intuition says it should be.  There are only two choices for
the sign of the determinant, and I think multiplying a negative matrix
by a negative matrix must result in a positive.  Two wrongs *do* make
a right.  Right?

Don