 CAD / 11639
Re: Quick way to mirror-image a model?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:29:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Carl Nelson wrote:
Unreflect is a better word--just undo the X coordinate swap that
-1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 does.

Would that work in general cases, or just for right-left reflection?

It would need to determine the plane of reflection, and do the second reflection
on the X components for left-right or Z components for front-back.

I believe they're equivalent things--I'm doing a clockwise rotation, then
negating the X coordinate swap, you're doing the opposite rotation.  I think
both work for the part.

Actually, I think they're not - "Steve's algorithm" (ha!) requires that both the
MP and ME transforms be mirroring, so that the MF transform would be
non-mirroring.

I've come up with the same results in all cases so far.  I'll do some thinking
as to which is conceptually easier to generate--ideas?

Carl