 CAD / 11634
Re: Quick way to mirror-image a model?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:00:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
We already got some of them.  The 4360 Space laser gun with side sight
is gonna to be a problem.  You just *know* someone out there'll hook
it up to something by the stud on the asymetric sight portion.  And
there'll be no end to the whining when it mirrors itself right into
some adjacent part.  Oh well.

Yup, oh well.  I guess the mirror specification could always translate it with
no rotation, or add a comment to the LDraw file saying that this part needs to
be checked for proper placement.

PS.  I like your lmirror icon.  How'd you make it?

Thanks!  I put a 2 x 2 red brick by a 1 x 6 x 5 white brick and rendered it with
-lgeo, then Photoshopped it to icon size.

BTW, thanks for the source code!  Makes me realize how rusty my C++ is these
days, since it's been a year or two since I've written anything in it...

Carl