 Trains / 28563 (-100)
  Re: The Chief is Back-- Kind of...

(...) James, As always, some great looking models with superb attention to detail (and amazing use of SNOT). All the more remarkable considering that you designed these using just the LEGO Factory parts assortment! These models fit the bill for (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Thanks to all for your compliments and suggestions! Let me see if I can respond to each of the points mentioned: 1) Interiors: Mine are fairly austere as well. With Factory MOCs being as expensive as they are to order, I usually leave out some (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:JCn3wA.5Cu@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I built a Metroliner themed version of 10020 years ago. Here is a picture of it running on the NCLTC layout at GATS in 2003. I built the (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  A Little Fun

Just seeing how much "mileage" I can get out of a simple model. ;o) Super-duper mini balloon tires, for the frugally-minded: (URL) Oops: (URL) Okay, you amazing train-buildy-people, I don't think I've seen an engine quite like this one out of (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote: SNIP (...) SNIP (...) Jordan, These are really cool. More fantastic additions to an already impressive Factory gallery. A couple suggestions on the already cool FL9. 1. Have you considered moving the powered (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

I think both of you guys did a fantastic job. Though I am more inclined towards Jordan's observation car dome design since it has those grey pieces making it appear like it has support ribs just like the real ones. A few comments: Jordan, make the (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  A LEGO Price List with 4,000 entries!

One of the features of my Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide that I haven't mentioned much is a LEGO Price List. I included this for folks who want to insure their old LEGO sets, but have no reference source to do so. Well my "Insurance (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains)

  MORE Trains at BrickFest PDX '07

[______] [______] [_______] oo oo = oo oo = oo oo I spoke with Dave VinZant (train coordinator) and I plan to have a static display of ALL of my train MOCs (rolling stock)! Since I'll be a bit busy at the fest, I was racking my brain what MOC(s) I (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) It is always nice to that interaction with the crowd, even if it is the 50th time you heard it. : ) (...) It is great to have some interactivity like that in a layout - I need to do more of that in ours. (...) The most important (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Brian- Congrats on your first show.It's a lot of fun to put your stuff out in front of a crowd for the first time. I especially liked the decorative archway, dino museum, bridge, fishing hole, and mech. Good stuff in any layout! Small idea: Be (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  ULUG Train Show

Over the weekend ULUG (Utah LUG) participated in "The Ophir, Tintic and Western" Train Show at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah. We are a newer LUG (under 6 months) with 9 active members and this is our first Train show as a LUG. We were pleased to (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Hi Jordan, Your streamliner set in the AMTRAK livery is superb! Let everyone consider your build and design unique and impressive! What a great way for both of us to coincidentally work on this concept at the same time. (...) My coaches are (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Hail to the Chief!

Seems that James Mathis and I were thinking along similar lines this past week. I, too, designed some streamliner cars of my own using the LEGO Factory parts palette, although I modeled mine on the "Metroliner" paint scheme rather than for the Super (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX) !

  Re: YG 3415 of the Royal Orient

(...) And it looks as if you nailed many of the details. Fabulous. On this MOC, due to the various colors, the details stand out much more and are more apparent. (...) Excellent. Other than what I term as 'roof junk' I haven't yet been able to use (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) I'd like to use tan (because it's not as bright as white), but since the windows are hard to get by, I'd also use white. Bummer. Jindroush (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  YG 3415 of the Royal Orient

(2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Hi All, This is my version of the lead engine of the (URL) Royal Orient: YG 3415>. As a typical Indian steamer this train offered huge amounts of small details to add. Every time I thought I had all the important details (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Alsthom Z6300

Hi, Built in 2004 but never presented on Lugnet, my reproduction of the french train Alsthom Z6300. 8-wide, 50 studs long cars, it runs rarely on our layouts :) (URL) Erik (18 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: The Chief is Back-- Kind of...

(...) SNIP (...) James, These are awesome! It's amazing what you do with the Factory palette! I love those undercarriage details! Through the windows it looks like you gave them interior details, too. Do the roofs come off? I guess I can check that (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Chief is Back-- Kind of...

(...) [...] (...) Man, you ARE a LEGO Factory. Nice work. Chris (18 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) Look at that picture of one historic tram in Turin: (URL) above color is a particular green (a light "Veronese" green), but what LEGO color should I use? Not tan, because it is too much "yellowish". White? Too much bright... the perfect color (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  The Chief is Back-- Kind of...

Here are (URL) three Streamliner style passenger cars>, including a basic passenger car, dome car, and end-of-train observation car. (3 URLs) All three designs are built from the current assortment of parts available with LEGO(R) Factory(TM?). I've (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

--snip-- Hi Luca, (...) Yes I completely agree. (...) I agree about the grey windows. Maybe black would work better for a non-transparent colour but dark grey looks too coloured to me for a window. (...) I love these ones. I stole the window idea (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) Hi Luca, I think that Prague trams are not exactly white. See this photo (URL) don't like trams so even though I lived in Prague for almost 10 years, I can count on my fingers how many times I used this loud beast :o) OTOH I know that getting (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) Thanks for the compliments too :-) I know the Manchester tram. It is a different version of Turin ML 7000. The TPR 5000 has a very close design with the difference that it is partial low flor. The modern trams are most similar each others, but (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) Thanks very much for the compliments. I also have a CAD version so I may be able to render a Prague version. I'll certainly think about it for when I have some spare time. Your Turin TPR-500 is probably my favourite tram made. You captured the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) Hi Tim, really a nice work (this is said from a tramways expert!). I like the front side that is typical of the eastern Europe old tramways. I would like to see a Praha (Prague) version, red and white, maybe with the trailer car. Think about (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Strange rails

Oh, I also forgot to mention.... TLG had a habit of putting lots of their early prototype items into production (like the red and black garage doors). And they often didn't keep examples of these items in their archives. So today, many of these rare (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Strange rails

Thanks for the pics Luca! Interestingly enough this topic recently came up for discussion. I have a 1:87 scale car garage (first released November 1961) with a red door (Phil Traviss of UK also has one). Even though all catalogs of the early 1960's (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) Don't get me started on those stupid bricks. They should fit. There is absolutely no reason for them not to but they don't fit quite right. A combination of the curves oversensitivity and the slight curve in the window parts. It took me ages (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) lol. I noticed the spaces as well but couldn't think of anything clever to say about them. Jonathan (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) Hey Tim - nice tram (as usual and real bricks no less!) but I was wondering about the spaces in between some of the parts...was that due to the fit not being right becuase of design limitations or that you just aren't used to having to press (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New GPLR Member : Allen Smith

Good Morning- The Greater Portland LEGO® Railroaders (GPLR) warmly weclomes (URL) Mr. Allen Smith> as its newest club member as of January 15, 2007. Welcome Allen - Play Well! (URL) Greater Portland LEGO Railroaders> (URL) GPLR is: Steve Barile, (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, FTX)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) Somebody go over to Tim's house and check his basement for pods. JOHN (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) I do own some of them. Of course it was designed in CAD first ;) (...) The compression is to stop it overhanging on curves too much but perhaps a little overdone. It's for a planned diorama so I might see how it all fits together and adjust it (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) More real bricks!! :o) I just love the front and rear end. You've really gotten the rounded look in there quite nicely. Is there a reason for the compression in length? I am wondering how it would look with the doorways in 4 wide rather than (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

"Tim Gould" <tgould.lego(AT@)gma...(DOT.)com> wrote in message news:JCFLK1.DD6@lugnet.com... (...) Mmmmmm, ornj. Looks great. Also reminds me of a VW bus though. :P crazy man! -Rob www.brickmodder.net (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) Thomas- Even for 10 weeks, we just clean the track once at the start of the run. Taking the track from dull brown to bright metal makes a difference. -Ted (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> My version of a (URL) Tatra T-3> tram from Moscow. This one has gone through numerous iterations to finally get it to look satisfactory. Apologies for the one blue window but I figured it was a replacement after some (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.ru, FTX) !

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) Any recommendations on how or how often to clean the track? PSLTC has one of the Centerline L-Gauge track cleaners and tries to remember to run it periodically, but there exists doubt about it efficacy since it seems to clean the top of the (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote: Great model! Thanks for the ongoing plethora of inspiring images. (...) The face on mine took a long time too and I still want to redo parts of it. It's fascinating how divergent the "Lego interpretation" of a (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Strange rails - found the answer

Hello again Today I found the answer to the question of these strange colors for otherwise very common parts. All of you stating that these parts must be some kind of test mould were right! As I mentioned in my first post, I bought these parts (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Integrated tram curves

(...) Hi Pete, Right now it's just a proof of concept really but at some point I intend to use it in an integrated road/rail/footpath scene. Using a mix of studs up and snot road elements could improve things drastically. Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Integrated tram curves

(...) That's the shizzle, right there. You're onto something here, mate. I think you should integrate it into a larger display. Have you thought about where you'd be putting pavements? Lovely. Pete (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) And... fixed. Tim PS. Sorry for spamming the forums. Silly me should have changed and then posted rather than the other way around. (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Integrated tram curves

Hi everyone, I've been playing around with trams a lot lately as you may have noticed. I decided I needed some integrated track/road units... but curved. Anyway, after playing around with real bricks I came up with this system. (2 URLs) MPD> In my (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Hi Bob, Thanks. I just noticed a mistake after building something else today caused because my train motor ldraw part is a little wrong. It's a fairly minor change but it's safest to wait for the MPD to be changed before starting. Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Tim, Very nice. I will try to build one. Thanks for sharing. Bob (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

--snip-- (...) As always :) Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) I hope she can. I'm also waiting for a former native to get back to me about it. (...) Thank you. (...) Whoops. I really messed it up. Fixed and thanks. Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote: <intermittent snippiages> (...) Bingo. (...) It's all about you, isn't it, Tim? :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Excellent. I love the colors. My friend was in Istanbul over the holidays. I am going to forward this link to her to see if she recognizes it. As always, very inspiring. Jonathan PS: the .trains sidebar link for this appears to be mis-directed (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

--snip-- (...) And I'll raise you with (URL). You can see the two face designs there (maybe three). (...) I "scale" stuff only insofar as things look OK together. In the case of 8-wide it's more the length I'm worried about (I've actually (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Thanks. I didn't document it very well, and now it is in mothballs. It won't come back until we redesign our subway modules (which is at least a year away). Hmmm, maybe I'll lend it to the GMLTC.... (...) Check out (URL) linkie> Ours is the (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Istanbul has better colours :P and a fancier roof. (...) Very nice station. (...) But then I'd lose the fun of squeezing the shrouds in as much as possible. (...) I've admired that one before. I love the window arches and rivets on it. Didn't (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Cool. This is the (URL) same model> we have here in Minneapolis. I had built a replica of one of (URL) our stations> for the Philly show, but never got around to finishing the light rail cars themselves:-( Now it's on the dreaded backburner. (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

--snip-- (...) PPS. Credit to Jason Alleman for his close-coupling. Yes, I've used it again ;) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Istanbul Tram

(2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Hi all, Saw this one a while back while looking for other trams in Istanbul (oddly enough). The face gave me nightmares for ages but I finally hit on an adequate (at least in my opinion) solution a couple of days ago. Tim (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Strange rails

(...) Hi Beat! LEGO makes test molding for each molding device, so it's clear that many proof parts are molded. The rails you have, are like the one I own (with the only difference that my one is for 9V). The black one is surprising because red is (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Strange rails

(...) Red may also be (or at one time was), the most used color. So it may be easiest to load a new mold into a machine running red ABS. I don't think it's surprising they would do 40 test moldings. The mold probably has at least 4 rails. And they (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Strange rails

(...) There's a pretty comprehensive article on the red test moldings at (URL) the article notes, test moldings are often done in red because it is the most difficult color to mold. Hence, Jason's theory makes a lot of sense. It is surprising that (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Strange rails

(...) That's a novelty! They could be pre-production models. There have been some unusual parts in red before (e.g. the minifig ghost shroud) - test mouldings made by Lego before a part goes into mass production. Jason R (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Strange rails

Hello Train Experts Just recently I bought some 70s bulk material containing homemaker figures, steered trucks and the like as well as some 4.5V and early 12V train stuff. Usually one expects to find blue rails with old 4.5V stuff. I did so but I (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Received 9V old dark grey track from online PAB

(...) The part selection comes straight from the Digital Designer palette. LEGO have put little notes in the Shop-at-Home catalogue (at least in the UK) promoting 9V trains as 'Hobby Trains', where they explain that LDD still uses the 9V system of (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) Jindrich- SCLTC has lots of experience running 10 week shows that are frequently unattended by club members. For these shows, we run 4x5+2*5= 30 hours per week. We have also done a month long event where we ran 84 hours a week. Our experience (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) You can configure the RCX sleep time using the standard MindStorms software. I don't have an installation of this handy to tell you exactly how to do it, but I remember setting this after doing firmware downloads. The sleep time setting is (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Received 9V old dark grey track from online PAB

(...) I just visited the PaB online and ordered some track. I went to the PaB and searched by color: 'grey'. It listed 10 items in the 'grey family'. Ten items was too few so I told it to show me 500. Buried in the list was 'curved rail 22.5 (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) By all means. Jason R (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Received 9V old dark grey track from online PAB

I don't know if anyone has ordered the track from online PAB, but I have and I have recvd 9V, old dark grey, track today. I think it is a decent deal for $1.50 per section. (I recvd 10 straights). The drag is that this time I actually wanted the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) I have to say that I don't recal if the original rcx mindstorms software uses this or not; so, if you need that functionality and the original software doesn't have it then a move to something else might be warranted. I find the text-based (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) It doesn't help me one bit:-) I am virtually ignanent when it comes to the RCX; that is my son's domain. I'll pass this along to him, though. So basically you are suggesting that he program the RCX using NQC rather than using the Mindstorms (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

I think thats worth adding to the FAQ, if you don't mind? Tim (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) Wall timers are a good simple idea - the sort with lots of little levers to turn the power on and off every fifteen minutes. I made my trains stop and start a few times every minute though. Not only does it give the motors an easy ride, it (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) This is definitely the biggest factor. I've had a motor overheat and cut out after just half a day under a heavy load. Once that happens, it tends to happen again more quickly for the same motor. I've never killed one outright though. I've run (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"Chris Phillips" <drvegetable@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JC9n2r.94C@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) NCLTC has run 3 shows which have lasted longer than a month so we have some experience with this. In addition to wear on the motors, (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) NELUG set up a (URL) large, permanent layout for the See Science Center in Manchester, NH>. The layout has a few small trolleys that are running all day long, whenever the museum is open. I've heard reports that the motors are burning out at a (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) <snip> (...) John, I and Steve H posted some things on this back in October of 2005: the link is (URL) trick using NQC is the SetSleepTime function. "SetSleepTime(0);" disables the auto shut down. Hope that helps. (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) I'm going to say that it will depend entirely upon the kind of load you place on each motor. With a relatively light load, motors will run like champs for a long time-- all day if in a trolley, for instance. We run our Thomas trains all day (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  How long will train 9v motors last?

Hi, we're preparing a museum show (our first). The trains will run on two layouts, driven by some timer & RCX. We're currently discussing how often and how long should each loco run. Are there any estimates how long will the 9v trains motor last? (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BayLUG Save 9v Trains Store Display

(...) Russell, Great job with the window display! That's a nifty way of drawing attention to the plight of 9V trains. And, some very intriguing and unique MOCs as well! Jordan (18 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

Awsome! Several times I have started on the same project from the same inspiration, always falling way short. Excellent job! (18 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: starting a town/train jambalaya box?

(...) I sent an e-mail with the info to your e-mail address. Thanks Ondrew. CDC (18 years ago, 20-Jan-07, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: starting a town/train jambalaya box?

(...) please add Me to the shipping list (18 years ago, 20-Jan-07, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: starting a town/train jambalaya box?

(...) Clifton, i'm not sure if your spam filters are redirecting my emails so i'll try here. i need your address so i can get this package mailed out. if i don't recive it by tommarow noon it will leave without your shipping information included. (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jan-07, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  BayLUG Christmas Display

Here are pictures from the latest BayLUG Christmas train layout and display: (URL) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  BayLUG Save 9v Trains Store Display

Last weekend BayLUG installed our latest LEGO store display. The theme this time is "Save 9v Trains": (URL) installed a shelf system with several MOCs of rolling stock and some minifig protestors. The store would not let me use the Save 9v Trains (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Great window idea - not mine

(URL) The back of 1x1 bricks do make really neat small windows. It's such a simple technique but so effective. I know I'll be using this if the opportunity ever arises. Tim (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Looking for Train Contact in New York

(...) Jim, I posted this to the NELUG list. The general consensus so far is that this is a long distance for us. Our nearest member is over 4 hours from Rochester, and most of us are more than 6 hours away. This means that a temporary display (setup (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Texas State Railroad Project - TSRR #300

(...) Here are some good photos of the real thing: (2 URLs) --Anthony (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  The Texas State Railroad Project - TSRR #300

I've nearly finished the second locomotive in my Texas State Railroad Project, the Consolodation type #300. As I said in my first post, I am building these locomotives in support of the Texas State Railroad. If you have the time and haven't already (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Looking for Train Contact in New York

(...) The layout would only be for a weekend, on March 17-18, 2007, so it woul d only be a temporary layout using privately own collections. Based on my contact with the Toy musem if someone were interested, there are many opportunities with the (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.trains)

  James & the Express (pics)

Now that Ross has created three lines on our Thomas section, we needed a little more variety in our trains. Previously, we had only powered a Thomas and a Percy. So, Ross powered up James and built a couple of express coaches for him: (URL) Nothing (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Looking for Train Contact in New York

(...) (URL) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for Train Contact in New York

(...) A good place to run this through would be (URL) ILTCO>. I'm sure they'd have somebody who'd be able to point you in the right direction. Kelly (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Looking for Train Contact in New York

(...) Although we aren't located in New York, NELUG has a band of trainheads in western Massachusetts (and the surrounding colonies) who might be interested in helping out. I have posted to the club's newsgroup to see if there is any interest. Do (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.trains)

  Looking for Train Contact in New York

Hey gang, I'm looking for a contact in New York, that can get to Rochester. The National Toy museum wants to host a Lego Train Display. Is there anyone that might be interested in helping out? Thanks, Jim F. (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any 4.5/12 volt train enthusiast interested in original 'rubbers'

In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) All gone! have a good day. Dave K (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any 4.5/12 volt train enthusiast interested in original 'rubbers'

Forgot to x-post this to trains-- That sounded dirty... Anyway, in the realm of 'Dave becomes a Collector', I recently won an eBay purchase-- (URL) told it's a train accessory kit from around '72. I bid on the auction for the box, basically, so (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What color are new 9V train tracks?

(...) It seems that LEGO exhausted their inventory of old dark grey tracks and had a new run made up in dark bley. Some 9V tracks were out of stock over the holiday and, when they came back in stock, seemed to be from a new production run. The (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: What color are new 9V train tracks?

(...) I think all 9V track has been dark grey for a while. You might find sets in stores that have been sitting there for a while with old grey but other than that second hand (or new from BL) is the only option if you want old grey. Tim (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: What color are new 9V train tracks?

(...) I ordered four boxes of straights after Christmas (and after Shop @ Homes restock) and sadly, they were all new grey. -Jeramy (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact