 Trains / 28542
Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:03:38 GMT

--snip--

Hi Luca,

About the GT6N, I've seen you made a good model but the nose can be better done:
it is too much flat because the real tram is more curved.
The perfect way to do it is to take inspiration from that picture:

Those curved 2x2 slopes are ideal in order to make the nose lower part of the
GT6N.

Yes I completely agree.

About other trams found into Brickshelf. The Combino from MALUG
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=202031 is a good model but I
don't like the dark gray bricks insead the windows (a good effect, but I don't
love it very much) and the fact that it can run only on straight rails.

I agree about the grey windows. Maybe black would work better for a
non-transparent colour but dark grey looks too coloured to me for a window.

Patrik Bosman's Amsterdam 3-axles-tram is very fine too.
I like the way he reproduced the little windows on the doors.
Bye!
Luca

I love these ones. I stole the window idea for the lower half of the middle door
in the T-3. It also inspired my Warsaw Tram. It is really not similar at all but
seeing how well he had got the angles inspired me to try for it.

Tim