 Trains / 28488
Re: How long will train 9v motors last?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 03:37:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Jindrich Kubec wrote: • <snip>
One thing we've encountered that hinders automation is that the RCX brick
shuts off after 15 minutes.  We constantly need to restart the program.  Have
you found a way to defeat this shutdown?

John,

I and Steve H posted some things on this back in October of 2005:  the link is

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=24457

The trick using NQC is the SetSleepTime function.  "SetSleepTime(0);" disables
the auto shut down.

Hope that helps.