 Trains / 28466
Re: What color are new 9V train tracks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:53:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jeramy Spurgeon wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   Are 9V tracks still being made in old dark gray, or have they been switched to the new dark gray?

I ordered four boxes of straights after Christmas (and after Shop @ Homes restock) and sadly, they were all new grey.

-Jeramy

I think all 9V track has been dark grey for a while. You might find sets in stores that have been sitting there for a while with old grey but other than that second hand (or new from BL) is the only option if you want old grey.

Tim

It seems that LEGO exhausted their inventory of old dark grey tracks and had a new run made up in dark bley. Some 9V tracks were out of stock over the holiday and, when they came back in stock, seemed to be from a new production run. The exceptions were obscure rails like the crossover and switching rails, which sell relatively little volume. The crossover I ordered recently was still old dark grey.

Although we all love old grey (and it would make things match better), I’m very happy to see LEGO issue a new production run for 9V rails. They could have decided that it was not worth the expense on their end. I am happy to see availability of 9V train products continue.

-Jordan Schwarz