 Trains / 28498
Re: Received 9V old dark grey track from online PAB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:18:51 GMT

In lugnet.announce.lsahs, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
I don't know if anyone has ordered the track from online PAB, but I have and I
have recvd 9V, old dark grey, track today.  I think it is a decent deal for
$1.50 per section. (I recvd 10 straights).

The drag is that this time I actually wanted the plastic remote track in dark
bley. (as a gift for a friends son who recvd the remote freight train over the
holidays - I do realize the 9v track will work with it.)  I called and suggested
they might want to clearly specify which version is in PAB so others don't have
the same issue.

Happily, they offered to send me the plastic remote track that I had wanted.

I just visited the PaB online and ordered some track.  I went to the PaB and
searched by color: 'grey'.  It listed 10 items in the 'grey family'.  Ten items
was too few so I told it to show me 500.  Buried in the list was 'curved rail
22.5 degrees' and 'left switch' and 'right switch' and 'straight rail'.  So I
clicked 'straight rail' and it told me the color family was 'grey' but the
*exact color* was 'dark grey'.  Both of these were links.  So, clicking on 'dark
grey' showed me these four track types; ergo, all the 9v track types are
(supposedly) in old dark grey!  (I guess we'll see how long that lasts.)

Anyway, to confirm, I picked a different piece in the grey family, like the Arch
1x6x2.  It came up in the grey family but as exact color of medium stone grey.

So, summary:

It is possible to find the exact color, in this case, dark grey.  And, the four
9V track types are all in dark grey, at least for a while...