 Trains / 28546
Re: The Chief is Back-- Kind of...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:24:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   Here are three Streamliner style passenger cars, including a basic passenger car, dome car, and end-of-train observation car.

All three designs are built from the current assortment of parts available with LEGO(R) Factory(TM?).

SNIP

   later,

James Mathis

James,

These are awesome! It’s amazing what you do with the Factory palette! I love those undercarriage details! Through the windows it looks like you gave them interior details, too. Do the roofs come off? I guess I can check that out myself when the LDD files become available.

I just wanted to warn you though that the pieces you use for the dome on the Dome Car are Smoke colored, not transparent. In Factory they call it “Transparent Brown”. Is this what you intended? The way they render that color in LDD is deceiving.

Great models!

-Paul