 Trains / 28510
Re: Istanbul Tram
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:58:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:

Cool. This is the same model we have here in Minneapolis.

Istanbul has better colours :P and a fancier roof.

   I had built a replica of one of our stations for the Philly show, but never got around to finishing the light rail cars themselves:-( Now it’s on the dreaded backburner.

Very nice station.

   Nice work, but I have to say, Tim, that these kinds of shrouded cars scream to be built in 8 wide.

But then I’d lose the fun of squeezing the shrouds in as much as possible.

   Check out GMLTCer Steve Demlow’s 8 wide version:

I’ve admired that one before. I love the window arches and rivets on it. Didn’t realise it was the same model (or similar anyway... the faces are slightly different)

   Don’t be constrained by self-constraint;-) JOHN

While I do love building small and trying to squeeze as much detail into a small space it’s not entirely self-constraint. Often I design things with the idea of possibly using them in a future diorama. Given my lack of space and brick going 8-wide would make it impossible for me to fit in all the life I would like to. This 80x80 diorama would only have just over half the space if I was basing it around eight-wide scale.

Tim