 Trains / 28758
Re: Istanbul Tram
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:02:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
   PIC

BS

Flickr

Hi all,

Saw this one a while back while looking for other trams in Istanbul (oddly enough). The face gave me nightmares for ages but I finally hit on an adequate (at least in my opinion) solution a couple of days ago.

Tim

PS. Selcuk, I was wrong!

Tim,

Here is a brick built version of your tram:

Slight mods for parts, color, and brick reality - the close coupling does not allow turns when over a motor - the center boogey peg gets in the way.

It is a very nice model, ran well, and was fun to build.

Please keep sharing your work. Thanks.

Bob

p.s. A few more pics once moderated: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=225462

Hi Bob,

Am I allowed to say that looks great? I figure I can get away with it because I really like the alternate livery you’ve chosen ;)

Did you make a mod to allow it to turn over the motor? If you have I’ll edit it into the CAD file. I figure one way might just be to raise the motor-attached tiles until they reach the top of the pin... hmmmm.

Anyway, thanks heaps for building it and posting the pictures.

Tim