 Trains / 28558
Re: Hail to the Chief!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:35:33 GMT

I think both of you guys did a fantastic job. Though I am more inclined towards Jordan’s observation car dome design since it has those grey pieces making it appear like it has support ribs just like the real ones.

A few comments:

Jordan, make the observation dome a little longer and try to remove some of the bricks sticking up on the ends of the dome. Also I think grey door designs would be a little truer to the originals. Also you might want to think about bringing the stripe up to the window line if possible.

So here are some possible combinations of cars: 1.) James’s Amtrak AEM-7 electric and Jordan’s standard car for the good old northeast corridor trains.

2.) Jordan’s FL9 diesels with the standard cars and an observation car for general old style long haul trains.

3.) And lastly Jordan’s FL9 diesels with the double-decker superliner cars (well which many were ex Santa Fe).

Thats my 2 cents.