 Trains / 28473
28472  |  28474
Subject:
James & the Express (pics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:46:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Now that Ross has created three lines on our Thomas section, we needed a little more variety in our trains. Previously, we had only powered a Thomas and a Percy. So, Ross powered up James and built a couple of express coaches for him:

Nothing too earth shattering in terms of building, except two factors of note. One, the color scheme on the coaches is vary nahce (tan and dark green), and they are (wait for it, Ben;-) 7 wide!

Yup, we’ve got some tight clearances on the Thomas section and we wanted the coaches to be as long as possible, so shaving off a stud in width helped. Six wide, of course, was out of the question:-)

JOHN