 Trains / 25663 (-100)
  Re: Brand new defective train motors - Lego Consumerservice

(...) Ludo- A few comments: 1. I have a lot newly acquired experience in servicing LEGO train motors since we switched SCLTC to DCC. Before DCC, when a motor went bad, we would only retire it from service. Now, we take perfectly good motors apart to (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  TRAINS.COM writeup of 2005 NTS show in Cincinnati

(URL) not be there foreever, dunno. Enjoy! (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) This already happens -- monorail is a popular item in train displays, and monorail is definitely a legacy product. I haven't heard of any displays of 4.5V/12V setups, but I wouldn't be surprised by them. Steve (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) I don't normally like these speculative threads but I feel compelled to add a couple of comments here although I also have the nasty feeling it is already too late. Plastic rails and a battery in the train makes a lot of sense for a cost (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) SNIP (...) SNIP (...) Okay, so there's no point in speculating but I will anyway since I've been interested in (and worried about) what this could mean since I first saw the coming of RC LEGO trains mentioned on the Eurobricks main page a (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: COLTC Display at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio

for those of you that do not know John: (URL) He is the one that started the COLTC skyscraper thingie with his LeVeque tower about 2 years ago. I also know he did NOT say LEGOs, that's the acuracy of the press for ya! Last year the fair drew over 1 (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.events, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) well i have known about the "rc train" for about 2 months now and since there is allways some huge announcment typicly involving the train line logic tells me that we will get some sort of information at brickfest. even if it's nothing more (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: COLTC Display at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio

(...) Here are some pictures of the display... (URL) John (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) It would be incredibly stupid for LEGO to discontinue the 9-volt line and replace it with something that is not an improvement. That in itself indicated to me that it is likely the course of action that they will take... I agree with John (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Canadian Pacific ALCO FA

(...) Here's my take on a (URL) Warbonnet FA>, a (URL) Warbonnet FB>, and the trucks, engine/gen, and tanks for them both... (URL) Mechanicals> I think CP maroon and grey is a REALLY sharp scheme so I dig that you gave it a go. But I did (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) What makes you think that we will necessarily get any answers at BrickFest? Frankly, I wouldn't think that this is the kind of info TLG would want to provide F2F at a "Fest"-- too volatile. Besides, I was speaking hypothetically, which can (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

(...) [...] like todays playmobil trains or like Duplo trains are. [...] (...) Gee, I hope the current 9v system isn't being replaced by something incompatible... we'll have to ask at BrickFest. But if there really is an RC train system out there, (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) before we all start suffering from the OMG syndrom. lets take a step back and realize brickfest is a week away. we will get all the answers we need there. just relax. ondrew (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

(...) I heard that same rumor on this side of 'the pond'... I hope it doesn't come true, because every remaining stock of 9volt track would probably sell out within hours of any announcement. (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) Hmmm. That is an interesting scenario. I'm just sitting here thinking what I would do in that event. I always sort of pitied the folks who still decided to run the old 12 volt trains. It just seemed so doomed; when stuff broke down, that was (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

(...) Hi all! At the TSL event in Berlin there came up rumors the todays 9V train line would be shut down. And that there would come up a new train system with RC driven trains. I would guess, if that would come true, the trains would run on pure (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brand new defective train motors - Lego Consumerservice

I have had no problem at all getting replacement parts through consumer affairs. I actually had a train motor that I had dropped, breaking of the peg on top. I called consumer affairs and told them what happened, explaining that I dropped it, and (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)

  Brand new defective train motors - Lego Consumerservice

Hi all, I bought me in the past year 10 brand new train motors through Bricklink, because they are much cheaper then S@H. I do have now 2 bad motors among those 10. One is working but when running, gives a screaming noise to get cold chils in your (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: COLTC Display at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio

Thanks for the heads up! Jeff (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Canadian Pacific

Hi It is not often that I post here on .trains but I certainly lurk around! However, I would like to reveal my attempt at the Canadian Pacific Alco FA-1, ca. 1969. There is a lot of artistic licence involved in the build and I am sure it could be a (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

OK so I called again to get the skinny on the train motor "blowout"... As it turns out they simply renumbered the product, as Rafe referred to in his post, and in order to remove the old SKU from their system they had to sell thru them. She assured (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

(...) Why would S@H want to clear out the last of their train motors?????? JB (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

SOLD OUT! She said that they literally only had a few, so no one bought like 100 of them. SteveB (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

For what it is worth, this week's weekly special at S@H has #5300, the 9V train motor, at $12.50 instead of the usual $25. The website says they are sold out, so maybe they are; I didn't call. Further adding to the uncertainty, the website says to (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  COLTC Display at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio

Hello, COLTC is currently displaying at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio. The Fair runs from August 3rd thru August 14th and is open 9am to 9pm most days. We are in the DiSalle Arts & Crafts Building. Our display consists of a 12.5 x 20ft multi (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Street Signs

(...) If you can get them on discount, Spidermans First Chase ((URL) set has some good NY style signs. Otherwise I suggest trawling through train show pictures on Brickshelf and club sites. There are loads of different signs out there and you're (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NR 75 - The Ghan

(...) Hello , If you were interested in building carriages for the Ghan, I know were you can get some decals ! Check out this site :- www.users.bigpond.com/bgbho Heres a link, if that does not work (URL) go to passinger cars under decals . (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Street Signs

I have also posted this on .town and have recieved no replys, so, I'll try here: We are expanding our town and looking forward to 'streets'. Any suggestions for making corner street name signs and posts. We have 'stop lights', but want to customize (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: And now for something completely different....

Hi Tim --SNIP-- (...) --SNIP Nice and sleek (and thin). (...) Thanks for the advice. (...) That's excellent work. I really like the way you've varied the grill styles and used the 10133 Cowcatchers. Nice photography too! Tim G (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NR 75 - The Ghan

(...) Hi Peter, I was hoping someone would find it useful enought to build (you will notice that the MPD is all set out for LPUB). I had noticed a distinct lack of Aus rolling stock on layouts and thought it was a perfect one to start with. See my (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NR 75 - The Ghan

(...) Tim Great job I didn't know you were into trains Mate could we use the instructions to build one for BLTG displays coming up soon on the Gold Coast and in Ipswich? All credits will of course go to you. It would be a fantastic addition to our (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NR 75 - The Ghan

(...) Thanks. The rolling stock is really easy. I've got some half designed but all you have to do is replace a strip of grey in the Santa Fe carriages with a strip of orange. A little fiddle here and there and you've got a decent Ghan carriage. (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NR 75 - The Ghan

In lugnet.announce.moc, Timothy Gould wrote: Very nice work, Tim! Maybe I will try to build this for our next M>ltc layout! But then I'd have to come up with rolling stock too... (...) It is usually headed by NR74 - the NR class are GE powered, and (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NR 75 - The Ghan

Dear all, Just finished off a project I've been working on for a while. Was going to wait until I finished the instructions but time just slipped away. So, I present here, NR 75 - The Ghan This train, for those who don't know, runs on the newest (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) My guess is that we'll get detail, they would probably just use the O-scale knuckle parts. Other detail will include the "brake hose" which is the pin that is moved by the uncoupling magnet. Frank (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) Kadee means automatic decoupling with either static magnets or electromagnets (static magnets work because you have to stop the train with the coupler over the magnet for it to function). Presumably these would include delayed uncoupling which (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) 95% are standard Lego train 9V buffer beams (or the new snowplough buffers on some locomotives). Some models (mostly my space trains) use 2x3 plate-with-hole pieces to hold the magnet clip. In one case I used space magnet clips, but that was (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) OnDrew, Did this mod take much work, or did you just stick a technic axle through a hole that was already present? If there is already a hole there, do we really need custom made couplers? Oh yeah, how much are regular Kadee couplers? Chris (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) On the buffers or using a 2x3 with hole plate. Which ever fits the situation at hand. (...) Yes and no. In the short term I have no desire to replace all the coupling on all my cars because that would be a sizable expense. In the long term, (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) LEGO buffer beam or the 2*3 plate usually (...) YES! Finally shunting as real as it gets! ;) Also an idea : make a decoupler unit that would easily attach to LEGO track! (...) I'd say original style at first, perhaps later Technic hole (hole (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  kadee questioner

(URL) you haven’t answered this questioner yet I would like to ask that you please do so. I currently have 20 out of 100 needed so everyone’s reply helps. Thanks, Ondrew (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: And now for something completely different....

(...) D'oh. I screwed up the names :-S Anyway, yeah, I WAS referring to the GP-50. Legoswami (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Errr.... what should I bring to BrickFest?!

Bring it all! (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Errr.... what should I bring to BrickFest?!

I am so caught up in a quandry... So far, my plan is to bring my super big Super Chief, my SD40-2, my GP30, my caboose, and my American Class 4-4-0. But I am wondering if I should bring my entire freight train. See, I'd like to bring it and run it (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: US MOC loco numbering

(...) I just liked the number-- it's palindromic fun! :-) For the most part, actually, I choose that number for the ease of it. On the decal itself, there were 2 numbers "8003", along with the usual 0,1,2,3,4.... Now, obviously, one can create any (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: US MOC loco numbering

(...) Someone didn't check the published rosters? Every railroad has their own scheme, which they violate with impunity when they want to, or if they run out of numbers (UP just started a second reporting mark for locos because they had run out of 4 (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  US MOC loco numbering

(...) This brings me to a question that was bothering me when i was looking throught the NMRA photos. I don't know my US loco classes by sight so I was looking up the numbers to find what the MOCs represented. None of them seemed to have correct (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And now for something completely different....

(...) Whoops, my bad, Ross's is labeled GP50. (...) I wasn't commenting on the accuracy of your model, I was just making a silly size joke. After all, Ross "Son of 8-wide" Neal builds a bit bigger. I think your B-Unit is great regardless of size. (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: And now for something completely different....

(...) What, (URL) this A unit>? (...) Was looking at that earlier, I though it was a (URL) GP50> tho' Have to agree, it wasn't built to be very accurate, but as a speedy method to get building after a spot of 'builders-block' and to go with the (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And now for something completely different....

(...) Which one, his 2-wide version or his 8-wide version? I think that the combination of this 6-wide B Unit and either of those would look a bit silly :) I guess this would be an example of three great things that go together badly (as opposed to, (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: And now for something completely different....

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote: ...snip... (...) ...snip... Hello Tim, Very nice model. You really catched it in six wide. Thank you for sharing. Philippe "frogleap" Label, FreeLUG member. (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And now for something completely different....

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote: SNIP That's really lovely. Looks a bit incomplete without an A unit, but still.... Would love to see it with Ross Neal's GP-38. Legoswami (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  And now for something completely different....

... for me anyway! When Dean Earley announced on the <http:\www.brickish.org Brickish Association> forum that he was building the GP38-2B using the BNSF set and linked to a (URL) photo> of the real thing my curiosity was piqued. I did some research (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Train and Town @ BrickFest

Great questions Chris... Thanks for making me be more clear (which is kinda tough with things in flux). Anyway, there will be room on the train layout for train MOCs; there is a large yard planned for that. We would like to accommodate all trains in (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  May have been posted already

but (URL) this> is the first time I've seen this application of the archetypal science class demonstration. Neat-o! Dave! (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Train and Town @ BrickFest

(...) Kinda... All I meant was if the train is on display with an MOC Card, are we just going to leave the MOC Card area empty while the train is running on the layout or does the train have to stay with its MOC Card? For the MOC area, should we (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) YEEEHAAAA!!!!! (...) A 2x3 round end plate stuck to the end of the truck. (...) I shorely do! Automatic switching anyone? Yipee!!! Plus, it'll just plum look cool. Not Lego, granted, but they're not gonna make knuckle couplers anytime soon. (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) I feel similarly to these sentiments. I have 8mm scale trains that work OK with the 9V system and have worked OK with the 12V system, which had better functionality. I'm taking a break from exhibiting the 9V layouts in order to pursue new (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) I normally use the standard magnet holders clipped into the buffer bars from the top. Occasionally, I use a 2x3 plate with a hole. (...) Id probably get a few sets but that's about it. Most of my trains run as a set but I admit they would be (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train and Town @ BrickFest

You won't have to run the trains with the MOC cards stuck to them... although that might be fun! It if they are sitting in the yard etc... Did I your understand the queston right ? SteveB (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Train and Town @ BrickFest

(...) Hi Steve, I am actually going to BrickFest this year, "Yeah, for me." I am slightly confused by your post. Can models that are on display with MOC Cards be run on the layout? If things can be run on the layout, what kind of clearance are we (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

This is my final plea and I will be silent about this (I will post the results though) from now on. Lugnet isn't filled with little children. There are thousands, I think, of members here who have jobs, families, children, spouses and other things (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.sports, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western)

  Brickshelf gallery identification

Does anyone know who Brickshelf gallery stidy belongs to? (URL) to .trains and .bionicle as thats what in the folders (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) *****! (Where is a moderator when you need one?) (...) JOHN (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) Amen. When LEGO decides to "invest" again in 9volt and maybe make new tracks, etc., I'll start regaining some interest. Until then, I'm persuing other themes of interest with more passion that trains. SPACE! (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken or defective 12v train motors wanted.

Du har mail. (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) (URL) I guess there really isn't anything new under the sun....> I wonder if the guys at Kadee are having deja-vu all over again. I pitched this idea to them about 4 years ago, and even went so far as sending them LEGO motors, trucks, (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  kadee coupler questioner

Hey all, Over the past 3 weeks or so I have been talking with Kadee quality products about the possibilities of making fully functional Magne-Matic couplers for Lego trains. They have kindly asked me to gather some data from you concerning this (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.town) !

  SCLTC OCF pictures are up

(URL) SCLTC> has posted the first (URL) pictures> from (URL) current show> at the 2005 Orange County Fair. This is our largest layout ever and is part of our overall contribution that also includes a static display in the theme building and a world (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: Wikipedia

(...) I think generally that's the desired approach, yes. Where BrickWiki is light ((URL) History of LEGO> ) for example, BW has been crosslinking (or in rare cases copying and attributing although that's not the desired approach) to the relevant (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wikipedia

(...) I wasn't aware of Brickwiki. Given the fact that Wikipedia already had a few LEGO related pages, I felt that at least a theme page should also exist (personally I found that the "King Mathias" article in wikipedia is a bit too detailed for (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wikipedia

(...) Hi Frank, Don't suppose you want to do the same for the (URL) BrickWiki article>? And please, check out (URL) BrickWiki> for any other additions you might like to make. Tim (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Wikipedia

It has been a while since I posted here (lurked a lot though). The strangest things keep getting me back to visit the boards. One of these things is Wikipedia. I was editing some Wikipedia pages and for the fun of it I looked up LEGO. I noticed that (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Corgo loading crane, and cargo ship

The SCLTC has been showing a layout at the Orange County Fair in Southern California, and just posted some images. And I wanted to point out a couple of my MOCs. The first is a cargo loading crane. I threw this togather in an evening just before the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.boats, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Broken or defective 12v train motors wanted.

I need some internal parts for one of my lego 12v train motors. If you have one or more that is broken or not running (for any reason), I'd like to buy it from you. You can contact me in private if you prefer (just remove everything upto, and (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  NovaLUG at Maritime Federation of Model Railroaders convention

George kindly offered to write up the report after our most recent show, but still hasn't quite figured out how to post to LUGNET, so I'm forwarding it for him. Pictures from the show can be seen in the following brickshelf folders: (URL) REPORT (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

I know this is posted to many many groups, but I really need people from all interests to help take this survey. There are so many members here at Lugnet yet I feared too few ever check the home page or .general. So, I plea with all of you to allow (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.sports, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western)

  Re: Non Lego NMRA question

(...) Yes, I believe they are. Try googling for Bunk Car ... here's a link to an operating museum: (URL) which speaks briefly about their bunk car collection. (...) Indeed. And I wasn't even THINKING of Rob. (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non Lego NMRA question

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:IJzLAq.1txw@lugnet.com... (...) Before you even comment on that one, Lar, I know what you are thinking... I'll have you know that I live in an actual B R I C K house here in Arkansas now. I'm (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non Lego NMRA question

(...) I was wondering if the camp cars were protoypical. Its a bit like a rail version of a trailor park! Tim (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non Lego NMRA question

Finally a good use for 8-wide! SteveB PS ;) (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non Lego NMRA question

(...) This was, I think, a logging/lumber mill layout in HO. The first pic is of "camp cars" and the second, of the mill complex. I took them because I thought they might make interesting LEGO models. This layout, IIRC, was at the booth of a kit (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Non Lego NMRA question

Does anyone know what the story is with this layout? (URL) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection

(...) Time to build up! :-) (...) Hmmm. I've probably got at least 30 of them. Maybe it's BL time for me! (...) Wow. Sounds complicated, but not so as the GMLTC modules. They are over the top. I'll let J-1 provide the details. JOHN (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Now accepting custom track preorders for BrickFest

Hey all!, As some of you have noticed in the past 2 years or so, there has been a major advancement in LEGO track geometry created by the community. We have seen the development of the half section of track, crossover the correct radius switch, and (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Re: Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection

(...) John- That works well enough if underneath your track you have bricks and open space to run wires. Doesn't help if under the track is baseplates and tables! Bypassing the LEGO track connector wires does seem like a good idea. They are (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection

(...) :-) Would have been nice to see that *single tear* shed in Cincy.... You were missed. JOHN (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:IJwvuG.1tow@lugnet.com... (...) *single tear* Mmmm, mods....... Great stuff Ross. You out do your old man like he'll never imagine... Rob (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection

I almost forgot to share this: Because we add to our tracks for greater realism, we don't have much if any room for track lead connections. And let's face it-- the leads are quite a bulky and unsightly solution for getting power to the rails. This (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto at the NMRA2005 Train Show

Hey everyone, (URL) some photos from the NMRA2005 show in Cincinnati. This gallery is mostly people and rtlToronto models and does not contain a lot of layout photos. Calum PS-Thanks to JeffVW for organizing the rtlToronto trip to Ohio! (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: att. NMRA/NTS particapants_____lost pliers

(...) I saw those when we were packing up. I believe i saw them by the CUT or there abouts. Hope you find them. Mark IndyLUG (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  att. NMRA/NTS particapants_____lost pliers

Hey all, While I was at the NMRA/NTS show I purchased and was using a pair of squared off needle nose pliers with blue handles. Anyway I was in the process of modding some track for myself tonight and I noticed they weren't in my box. If you (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(URL) See (URL) post> for more. -Ted SCLTC (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

SCLTC has claimed a world record for the largest United States flag ever made of LEGO bricks. Built by visitors to the 2005 Orange County Fair during the weekend of July 15 through 17 under the direction of SCLTC, the flag contains the 127,624 LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

Ok, I uploaded my vid to Bshelf. (URL) file is the one named "NMRA_WMV." Hope y'all like it. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modified Transformers Question (Re was: Transformer Power)

(...) I believe the Lego transformers are 12v a/c output. I used 12v a/c output 3.3A transformers from Digikey, part number T605. You will have to add your own connector. They are quite expensive, but they don't heat up as much as the cheap ones do. (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Modified Transformers Question (Re was: Transformer Power)

(...) The LM317 will need to "eat" more power if you supply a higher voltage and will thus kick in the thermal protection much sooner. I'd stay as close to the voltage the LEGO wallwart outputs as possible. (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Modified Transformers Question (Re was: Transformer Power)

(...) John, We had the luxury of using your controllers at the NMRA show (Thanks a ton!), and I am interested in modifiying my own. I think I've got enough information to swap the internal components, but negelected to look at the wallwart (power (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6 wide autorack

(...) that may be tough. only way i see it working is with 2 x 4 clear plates. i looked on bricklink, and theres just not enough plates available. im working on a BTTX model now/ (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6 wide autorack

(...) Hey Tom, I really like that. I am a _very_ big fan of autoracks, so I just might have to experiment with you technique. Now, if only we could get transparent plates to put behind those grille tiles. I just love the way you can see the cars and (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact