 Trains / 25647
Re: Brand new defective train motors - Lego Consumerservice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 20:16:38 GMT

I have had no problem at all getting replacement parts through consumer
affairs.
I actually had a train motor that I had dropped, breaking of the peg on top.
I called consumer affairs and told them what happened, explaining that I dropped
it, and was told that it would not be a problem and they sent me a new one. I
even offered to send back the broken one, but they told me to keep it. The motor
itself still works, and can stll be used, it is just missing the peg on top.
However, I guess I can support their decision not to replace motors bought
after market, because they were not purchased through a Liscensed LEGO Retailer.
It seems that the less information offered, the better in some cases. I am not
advocating lying, just not volunteering information unless specifically asked.

Tom D

In lugnet.lego, Ludo Soete wrote:
Hi all,

I bought me in the past year 10 brand new train motors through Bricklink,
because they are much cheaper then S@H. I do have now 2 bad motors among those
10. One is working but when running, gives a screaming noise to get cold chils
in your backbone. I remarked this when testing the lay-out for the LEGO WORLD
event in Holland past year. This motor hasn't run anymore. The second problem
motor received i recently. This one is death, won't run at all.

So, today, i called the LEGO Consumerservice (for Belgium), and wanted to be
honest, so i told the lady on the phone that i bought those motors through
Bricklink. The lady told me that she could do notthing for me, because i bought
them through Bricklink, ant not at LEGO straight away. I should send them back
to where i bought them. I asked if i could send them to LEGO for replacement,
and this was impossible due to the above mentioned reason.
I'm almost sure, that, if i didn't mention Bricklink, that i could send them in
for replacement. Being honest is not always a good thing!

Now, i was wondering if this happens also in other countries? Or is this a
common rule?

Are those motors not tested in the factory before packing?

Regards,
Ludo