 Trains / 25567
Re: Modified Transformers Question (Re was: Transformer Power)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:31:15 GMT

Jeramy Spurgeon wrote:

Will a 12V 3Amp adapter work, or should the voltage stay at 9V?

The LM317 will need to "eat" more power if you supply a higher voltage and
will thus kick in the thermal protection much sooner. I'd stay as close to
the voltage the LEGO wallwart outputs as possible.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/