 Trains / 25568
Re: Modified Transformers Question (Re was: Transformer Power)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:45:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeramy Spurgeon wrote:
   Will a 12V 3Amp adapter work, or should the voltage stay at 9V?

Thanks in advance.

I believe the Lego transformers are 12v a/c output.

I used 12v a/c output 3.3A transformers from Digikey, part number T605. You will have to add your own connector.

They are quite expensive, but they don’t heat up as much as the cheap ones do.

JB