 Trains / 25588
25587  |  25589
Subject:
NovaLUG at Maritime Federation of Model Railroaders convention
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:35:21 GMT

George kindly offered to write up the report after our most recent show,
but still hasn't quite figured out how to post to LUGNET, so I'm
forwarding it for him.  Pictures from the show can be seen in the
following brickshelf folders:

SHOW REPORT

Novalug set up their display at the 2005 Maritime Federation of Model
Railroaders which took place in Kentville, Nova Scotia on May 14/2005.

It consisted of two independent loops, a harbour scene, a parade,
numerous building structures, and a very complete and well done dairy
farm scene (by Jean Marc who was a former dairy farmer) which was
complete in every detail.

Set up began on Friday afternoon and was finished that night. As per
usual, the good co-operation and help of the members made it go very
smoothly.

At the show on Saturday, we were very well received by the public. One
of the outstanding features of our layout was that it was at a height
that was easily viewable by the smaller children. Most of the other
layouts displayed were of the "scale" variety with heights between 42"
to 60" above the floor. This may be convenient of the adult modelers but
very difficult for the children to see unless their parents picked them
up to see them.

The spectators can relate to us as they have Lego sets at home and play
with it. We heard frequent comments from young and old alike that the
have and still build with Lego. Its a great hobby spanning all ages.

One of the hit features of our display was the cattle with moving heads
that moved and followed the train as it went by. This elicited many good
Animated displays are well received by the public.

The trains ran flawlessly during the exhibit as per the usual
performance of Lego trains.

We had to have take down done by 2 o'clock as they need the space to run
Model Railroad clinics. This was done with speed and ease as it takes a
lot less to take it apart than it does to put it up.

After the show, we all retired to Tim Hortons for our usual post-mortem
and to plan for the next show.

George Chapman