 Trains / 25591
25590  |  25592
Subject:
Wikipedia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:59:25 GMT

It has been a while since I posted here (lurked a lot though). The strangest
things keep getting me back to visit the boards. One of these things is
Wikipedia.

I was editing some Wikipedia pages and for the fun of it I looked up LEGO. I
noticed that there are pages for Bionicle, Technic and Mindstorms but no page
for our favorite theme: trains.
So I created one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LEGO_train

I noticed that there are more AFOLs active in Wikipedia (I think I recall seeing
a comment by Larry). So feel free to add relevant info.

I tried to enter as much facts as I could think of, but I'm sure it is not
complete. I would also like to add a photo of a MOC (my personal vote for this
page would be Shaun Sullivan's steam locomotive
as it illustrates the fine line between model railroading and the LEGO train
hobby. However there are many other great MOCs that would fit very well in
Wikipedia's article.

Comments and suggestions are welcome, wiki-edits too (keep the Wikiquette in
mind though).

-Frank