 Trains / 25635
Re: And now for something completely different....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:14:45 GMT

Hi Tim

--SNIP--
   As my current projects were at a standstill I decided to build it in green and black and to keep it simple and six wide.
--SNIP

Nice and sleek (and thin).

   The logo and number took about 75% of the build time. They are printed on transparent sticky inkjet vinyl and stuck on white bricks. I could have made it easier for myself by using white vinyl but I didn’t have any! The hard bit was colour-matching the Lego green, on screen the final colour looks completely wrong but prints out pretty much spot on (better than the portholes in the Santa Fe anyway!)
(BTW If you are using an HP DJ840C the colour is 4ECE78 (use the best quality and set the media type to HP Premium Inkjet Transparency Film) If not then its still probably a good place to start.)

Thanks for the advice.

   While building it I also modified my 10133, I lowered the top of the dynamic brake housing and added a grill above, as per the real thing.
I will be seeing Dean’s BNSF version on Sunday so hopefully I can get some pics of them together.

That’s excellent work. I really like the way you’ve varied the grill styles and used the 10133 Cowcatchers. Nice photography too!

Tim G