 Trains / 25578
Re: Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:51:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:

Because we add to our tracks for greater realism, we don’t have much if any room for track lead connections. And let’s face it-- the leads are quite a bulky and unsightly solution for getting power to the rails. This isn’t a problem if we have a tunnel where they can be hidden, but we didn’t have one planned at the Cincy show, so Ross got to work and came up with this idea:

John-

That works well enough if underneath your track you have bricks and open space to run wires. Doesn’t help if under the track is baseplates and tables!

Bypassing the LEGO track connector wires does seem like a good idea. They are expensive and you never have enough.

At least you have a solution that works for you, we don’t have one at all (yet). One idea that appeals to me is to make a flex PCB circuit that would come up between tables (paper thin) and connect to the tracks as the tables are joined.

-Ted

-Ted