 Trains / 25654
Re: Canadian Pacific ALCO FA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 04:07:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Chris Paton wrote:
   Hi

It is not often that I post here on .trains but I certainly lurk around! However, I would like to reveal my attempt at the Canadian Pacific Alco FA-1, ca. 1969. There is a lot of artistic licence involved in the build and I am sure it could be a little higher - if only I had the Santa Fe I could compare them! But it was fun and I now know that I really need more of the dark red bricks...especially if I am to build any carriages. I thought I could cheat a little and buy the Santa Fe carriages and “repaint” them with yellow and dark red bricks.

Here’s my take on a Warbonnet FA, a Warbonnet FB, and the trucks, engine/gen, and tanks for them both... Mechanicals

I think CP maroon and grey is a REALLY sharp scheme so I dig that you gave it a go. But I did warbonnet because, well, I like warbonnet, and also because what I feel the key part for getting the nose and roof shape right, Wedge 4 x 6 x 2/3 Curved isn’t available in many colors yet.

There was a time when CP trains were pulled by locos in this scheme but their coaches were silver with just a single maroon stripe so recoloring the ATSF coaches sure sounds doable to me...

++Lar