 Trains / 25661
Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:15:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Barnes wrote:

My real concern is that a new battery system will not appeal to AFOLs. If AFOLs
continue to show up to train shows with what will then be legacy product, then
the potential value of AFOLs at train shows to TLG will diminish greatly. I can
just imagine talking to visitors at shows saying "Nope, you can't go out and buy
these trains anymore. This is just a display of what you used to be able to do."

This already happens -- monorail is a popular item in train displays, and
monorail is definitely a legacy product.  I haven't heard of any displays of
4.5V/12V setups, but I wouldn't be surprised by them.

Steve