 Trains / 24863 (-100)
  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

Thanks Jake! This is a great looking set, especially needed for a Monday. And this, after finding out there is now a discount on bulk track purchases in one of the online catalogs! And, yes, I am willing to be counted as a sucker. Considering all (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) This was something that caught me off-guard at Celebration III in Indy. Certainly 99.9% of the folks there were Star Wars fans, yet the LEGO booth was hopping, selling product like crazy. The ISD sold out - they were taking orders to be (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Thanks for the announcement and ILTCO pictures Mike! We were just discussing the lack of new trains this year at our RichLug meeting on Saturday. Low and behold a new Intermodal Double-Stack Car!!! Now I've got a reason to scan S&H weekly for (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Mark, the reason I took this personally is because I was one of the people making this decision. I know it sometimes seems like the LEGO Group is some big, cold, floating entity in the sky, but it's a group of people just like any community. (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

<snip> (...) Marc, I think maybe you need to understand the sheer expense involved in setting up a production line specifically for parts not currently in stock. I know of one example where some basic bricks and plates were needed in a slightly (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I too was admiring the clear bricks--I thought I saw a clear 1 x 8 technic brick! clear technic bricks!! Imagine the go-cart I could make then!! (URL) K -who is looking forward to purchasing a few of these container cars to add to the layout (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Jake, I wish you hadn't turned this into a personal issue when it is a corporate policy issue. Do you see the words "Jake McKee" anywhere in my post? Now the "rally round Jake" LUGNET defense mechanism has been activated, and anything I say (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) It's not the upfront money, it's the projected sales that determine whether a new mold is produced. Trains, while popular among AFOLs, just don't sell well among Lego's target market. I imagine that the projected sales for 10170 is at most (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

What a pleasant way to start off Monday! I'm looking forward to this set. Aside from the set itself, what I find interesting is the technique used in the photography. Check out the clear bricks used for supporting the freight bodies... (URL) the (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Me too! I will do anything in my power to make this new set a succes. I hope my wife will let me buy several... /\/\ark "I have two BNSFs, so I'll need a lot of cars" de Kock (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I think the problem is the verbiage in the legofan.org article mentioning "our current finanancial state". The explanation in the ILTCO article is much better, IMO. Steve (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

Dear Jake, Please don't take these sorts of email too seriously. I won't speak for anyone else but at least one of us AFOLs wholly supports this communication and, for that matter, the release itself. Thank you very much for all the work, time and (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) These are nice - I'll definitely be buying a set or two. I think the ends of the cars need a little work, too many studs for my liking and the narrowness there bothers me a bit. Also, the containers seem a little off, but hey, that's what's (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Mark, please please don't take my desire to break down the wall and share information with the community as "excuses" or dishonesty. (...) Things aren't as simple as that. New parts, more than ever before, are designed in a wholistic mindset. (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Sure, would have been nice, I guess, but I'm more understanding than some (or, to the cynics and naysayers out there, a bigger sucker). I'll be buying a few just for the TTX stickers though, there are a LOT of TTX car types out there... (...) (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Thanks for the news and pics, Mike. These look nice & beefy. Looking forward to the yellow ladders and 1x2x2 yellow thin walls. Glad to see that TLC is still able to reach out to train fans with the current state of business. And, glad they (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I wouldn't be buying this set anyway, but I'm really getting tired of TLC's excuses to AFOLs. "New molds cost too much" was the old refrain, but now it's "an inability to produce new colors of those parts in our current financial state". Where (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I'm pretty disappointed with those containers. I'd have expected them to use the recessed doors they've used in the past. I do like that the cars are built up, though, rather than single pieces. Jeff (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:IFv07D.trJ@lugnet.com... (...) new (...) more (...) The piece count and exact release date were not available when this information was published but will be updated once LEGO provides (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sneak preview *NEW* LEGO® Train set #10170

Coming soon!LEGO set 10170 TTX Double Stack Intermodal Car. oops! I forgot the 'http' (...) (URL) (...) -Abner (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Sneak preview *NEW* LEGO® Train set #10170

Hey LEGO® Train fans are you looking for something new to add to you're LEGO train collection. Coming soon! This summer a new LEGO set 10170 TTX Double Stack Intermodal Car. General set price information : USD 39.99, Euro 39,99 and £26,99 DKK 320 (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Slug Photos

G'Day I had made the little switcher and matching slug: (URL) not match any real prototype and was made free form starting with the cab piece i had. Cheers Oliver Play Well! "Steve Chapple" <LEGOArches@yahoo.com> wrote in message (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Slug Photos

(...) In the UK, we used to have the class 13 which was a 'cow and calf' type arrangement built from 2 class 08 shunters, one with cab removed. IIRC this was in service until the mid 80s exclusively for shunting at Tinsley yard We also have Diesel (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Curatorship of lugnet.trains

(...) I think that would be a good Idea. You would have to make sure you give the person time to post it themselfs. I know it takes time to get the images online then write a post about it. Maybe you could also to a most recent train stuff from MOC (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lgauge.com update

(...) Tim, depending on the decoder modual you buy, you can do a great deal with the light outputs. The output is usually open collector DC, with mutiple outputs having a common positive node. Most decoders, and all current production units have the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Slug Photos

(...) The low bonnet, hoods in the US, are for better visability. But enough is retained for houseing some control systems and structural integrety, and even dynamic brakes. Not to mention storing of wieght and a place to paint a RR's name on. 8) (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: lgauge.com update

(...) I printed out your DCC page to read in bed and found it inspiring. I'm still in two minds whether I: A) need DCC, I've not got many trains I'm happy with yet B) go for LDCC or a proprietary system. The LDCC route actually has a cheaper (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Curatorship of lugnet.trains

(...) Thanks to Lar for taking me on, I think he's set a good standard to meet so far so I'll do my best. And yes, send me suggestions! I'd like to try and update a bit more often than recently (Not critising Lar, I know he works very hard but he (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Slug Photos

(...) That interesting, I'd assumed looking at the picture that it was a cow and calf but I did wonder why the bonnet was so low. I have heard both terms before but not made the destinction between them I've not come across anything like this (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Slug Photos

(...) That's correct. A slug is an engine that's had the cab and motors removed, and often the fuel tanks as well. Sometines tha tank is retained and filled with ballist. This was common with older engines such as a GP9 or GP15. Either way, extra (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Curatorship of lugnet.trains

(...) Tim David has very kindly agreed to assist with this, please show him every courtesy as he gets his feet wet. I'm sure he'd appreciate content suggestions mailed to him, you can find his address at the bottom of the sidebar (where he added (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  rtlToronto Train Show Pics from the April Train Show (and few comments)

(URL) the pics fit to print! It was a wonderful time with very little by way of catastrophe. K, part of the bridge fell out of Dereks' car when we were loading, but honest, I was just in the general vicinity... Thanks go out to Calum, Derek, Jeff (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Slug Photos

(...) power on its own. It is powered from the lead loco. The effect is greater traction and power but less generation. They are seen a lot in switching yards but not as much on long hauls. Mike (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Curatorship of lugnet.trains

If you're interested in being a co-curator of the lugnet.trains hierarchy please drop me a line. Thanks. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto Train Show April 24th, 2005

(...) Well, setting up went as smooth as one could possibly expect, considering the bad weather and long lineups. Anyway, a reminder that if you're in the GTA tomorrow, come on over to the International Centre and have a boo at the layout. I've put (...) (19 years ago, 24-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Slug Photos

(...) I heard they are not as popular now because the savings aren't worth the loss in flexibility (just like cabless locos aren't as common either any more). (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Slug Photos

Back a few years ago I was talking trains with someone here ( I forget his name) about the "slugs" we have up here. I had thought them common since their function seems logical to me and I see them in use around me, but he said these (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More obscure diesel variants (BoCo)

(...) Not a real one, but (in a shameless self-plug) my model of one won a prize at Hull model railway show last November. Here it has red buffer beams, like the illustrations of BoCo in the Awdry books: (URL) For the official prize photo I changed (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: More obscure diesel variants (Was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) Actually, I tend to think that it was more along the lines of the original 1950 plan- try everyting, and see what works and what doesn't work. Just because the FT was great in NA did not mean that it was going to be the best way to dieselize (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - Class 08 Shunter with on-board uncoupling device

(...) [snip] (...) the side at first. Well, done! Chris (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  More obscure diesel variants (Was Re: BNSF new paint)

Mark's (URL) mention> of the Fell led me to look it up. It seems needlessly complicated and basically the result of trying to prove a mistaken point (that mechanical transmission could be as good or better than electrical) (URL) If you're (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Non-steam Engines with Spoked Wheels

(...) I'd like to see a Fell, I have a soft spot for it. Mind you you'd have to design it so it kept going wrong! Tim (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote: Thanks you guys! (...) Oh yeah, we (URL) have> those :-) Lots of them :-d Legoswami (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  an American 4-4-0 steam locomotive

It is not perfect, I want to get some Big Ben Bricks wheels and make another one some time. This is a shot of the rear of the cab, showing Engineer Max at the controls (URL) can also see the shovel for shoveling coal into the boiler This is a view (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  New trains and updated pages

Hi, I just finished updating some of my pages. More updates are needed, but these will have to do for now. I was surprised by the amount of time required to get these updates done. During the past year I have been super sizing my Super Chief. The (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non-steam Engines with Spoked Wheels

(...) A few more British non-steam engines that use spoked wheels: GT3 (1961), a 2700hp gas turbine engine designed to look like a 4-6-0 steam engine. (URL) 10100 (1950), the "Fell" locomotive, 4-8-4/2D2, later 4-4-4-4. This loco had 4 engines, 2 in (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

And of course pretty much all fixed wheelbase shunter/switchers! Tim (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Hmm, perhaps I should take note of your point below! The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the (URL) BR class 74 electro-diesel> (1) which is a bit of a cheat as they are really electrics with a small diesel generator for (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Well, I have not done any math, and it seems clear that LEGO train wheels are somewhat undersized. Nonetheless I haven't noticed an aesthetic issue. Here is why I think that is the case. Unless you take apart your wheels, the shape of the (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Eeeps! Missed out opportunity for shameless self-plug! :-o (...) I was wondering about that when I had that discussion with ROSCO. Neither of us could think of such a proto, although I know plenty of electrics have the spoked wheels. Care to (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) You are correct AFAIK:-D Hey, Tim, check (URL) THIS> out! HTH;-) JOHN (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) If I recall correctly, it means 'if I recall correctly' Jon (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) In most of my engines I use wheels that do the functional job, leaving the aesthetics to the facias on the bogies. The Peak is a good example: (URL) Each bogie has 4 wheelsets, the middle 2 being the motor, the inner ones a 9V wheelset and the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) In the UK the track gauge is 1435mm +5mm -2mm, but never less than 1435mm at switches and crossings. The gauge is also slightly wider on curves than on straight track. On double track, the two tracks tilt slightly away from each other. Mark (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  NELUG at April 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show in Wilmington MA

Sorry for the late post but with the redesign of our Web site only going live yesterday I didn't want to have to do this twice and I chose to do it on our new site. Once again we had a great time. To see a short write-up, but more importantly photos (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) I think you are thinking of [LEGOSet 1253-1] [LEGOSet 8654] is the set referred to in this post. (...) You forgot to mention your (URL) hidden power bogie design> which is equally as applicable a principle used with BBB wheels as 6 wheel (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) The ferarri truck is six wide, IIRC. So an 8-wide car would look best IMO. (...) (This point has already been brought up by ROSCO at JLUG, but I'll say it again here.) The small BBB wheels would look good enough for disels/elctrics, although (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) IIRC the Dutch railways has changed the gauge from 1435mm to 1433mm. I don't know about other countries. It is still refered to as 1435mm, but the actual gauge can be slightly different from place to place. Another detail that has changed over (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Tim/Lar/John thanks for the info. I suspected the wheels were undersized. Ignoring the track, I'm curious now which ratio is more prototypical: LEGO wheel-diameter to 6-wide locomotive/rolling-stock or LEGO wheel-diameter to 8-wide? I guess (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) No, standard gauge is 4' 8 1/2" in the UK and everywhere else in the world as well. (1)(2) Places such as Russia or Ireland(3) which have broad gauge as their main gauge might argue that that their's is 'standard' but thats more question of (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) The prototype measures from the inside edge, IIRC since rail cross sectional dimensions vary. I agree that the wheels are under-diameter in relation to track gauge (Working some US numbers: a typical US non low profile freight car wheel might (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Actually I was think after posting that I'm not sure if the track guage is measured from rail centre to rail centre of from rail inside edge to inside edge. I assumed inside edge above, if it is from the centres then the wheels are even (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Standard gauge Track 4' 8 1/2" = 1435mm Lego track = 38mm Thus Lego track is about 1/37.8 scale Lego wheel = 18mm diameter At 1/37.8 scale this scales to be about 640mm = or 2' 2 3/4" In the UK at least a standard wagon (truck) wheel is in the (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Not in the slightest. Correct width, assuming standard gauge of 4' 8.5", should be 10 wide (or about 1 stud to 1 foot). LEGO train wheels on 10 wides don't look good, IMO. (...) I don't really make any distinctions between 6 wide and 8 wide. (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

Hi all... I'm curious about the ratio of LEGO train wheel diameter to the distance between the rails on LEGO track. Is the LEGO ratio correct relative to typical prototypes? The diameter looks good to me on 6-wides but sometimes it seems too small (...) (19 years ago, 17-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lgauge.com update (DCC)

(...) (snip) (...) Yes, because the decoders are not limited to a N scale engine. If the 1A current is too limiting, the HO scale decoders are always a possibility for a external mounted decoder. (...) You do not require a electrical link along the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FL9 MOC

(...) Yes, I ran into this at first as well, as I use several browsers on different machines. But once you get posting permission on a machine you should be fine. The engine looks great by the way. Mat (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: FL9 MOC

(...) Hi, Thanks for your compliments ! That makes me feel very happy. To build the model, I used pictures found on Internet and a drawing found in a modelist magazine. You're right, my loco is 8 studs wide and 39 studs long. I know it's shorter (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

Quite sweet, this. Personally, I would say this belongs in both space and trains, as it has a bit of both. Great detail, great moc. I'm jealous of your amount of replies, my posts never get any. :) Congrats on the first "spaceish" model. -Josh (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC past weekend at Greenberg Toy & Train Show

(...) yeah didn't the GMLTC have a bulldozer or something that was running by a magnet from below? This is basicly the same thing, just a magnet rotating under the baseplate and then a magnet in the mower. It ran for 8 hours straight with no issues (...) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC past weekend at Greenberg Toy & Train Show

(...) Love it. (...) Love'em. (...) Love it. Reminds me of something the GMLTC did on a previous version of their layout. (...) Wretched vandals. Love it! All in all a very eye-catching layout! Good job, JT et NGLTC! JOHN (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC past weekend at Greenberg Toy & Train Show

(...) More pictures here: (URL) (taken with a lower quality camera, and a lower quality photographer!) John (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NGLTC past weekend at Greenberg Toy & Train Show

This past weekend (April 9,10) the North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) presented a layout at the Atlanta Greenberg Toy & Train show. Our layout was a 20'x25' layout including a kids play area and (URL) Rail Racers> set up. This was one our most (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ga, FTX)

  Re: squeaky 9v train motor maintenance?; dcc?

At the last GPLR GATS layout we had the same issue... I'd love to hear if anyone has isolated this issue, and the solution. SteveB (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lgauge.com update (DCC)

(...) This "connection" can be digital, via the DCC controller. LDCC can't currently handle such situations automatically, but it can be done via software. There are also "speed stabilised" DCC decoders available, using various methods of load (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lgauge.com update (DCC)

(...) Some of my steam engines have 2 train motors, 2 technic gearmotors and 3 lights in the firebox: (2 URLs) and the Pendolino has 4 train motors and uses the full 1 Amp continuously at about 8 Volts (less than full speed): (URL) Therefore it is (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lgauge.com update (DCC)

(...) James's current favorite: DZ 123. 1 Amp Continous, 2 Amp peak, 2 accessory outputs, series 3 decoder... (...) Not at all. The lego motors are something like .3 Amp stalled, therefore they are conservatively allowing a 1 A decoder lots of room. (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the Best Starter Train Set? LEGO 65537

(...) Did this set ever show up again following Christmas? Has anyone heard rumors that it may resurface sometime soon? I've been looking into getting a lego train set (my first), and this set always sounded like a good deal. I actually have lots of (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lgauge.com update (DCC)

(...) I had a look at DCC mods for Lego train motors, but people seem to have used N-gauge DCC decoders so that they can fit the decoder inside the motor casing. This may be good from a space saving point of view, but I'm not sure about the power (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FL9 MOC

(...) Great looking. Nice and wide too! (I'm a fan of larger sizes) Did you have the drawings to help you build the engine? I see from the Model Railroader diesels book that an FL9 is 59ft long and 9ft 10ins wide, so in 8-wide perhaps it could be 48 (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  FL9 MOC

Hi everybody, Just a quick note to talk about my new MOC, a FL9 locomotive. If you like, just have a look in my galery : (2 URLs) Feel free to do any comment. (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: lgauge.com update

(...) Hiya just curious...do you have the non-RCX DCC page archived somewhere, so just in case I cant go the RCX route, I have a option of following your ideas with a non-lego version? I am very curious about building a DCC system for my lego locos (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  squeaky 9v train motor maintenance?; dcc?

Hi guys, been a long time since ive posted here, but recently came out of a "forced" dark ages, and have been buying all the track that I have always wanted. I have the room to unpack all my legos, and setup a room just for em...and a train layout. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New guy in town!

Congratulations James and Amy! I knew I saving that box of Duplo for something... Robert Powell (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New guy in town!

(...) I hope thats not a Stud-on-Top! Congratulations James and Amy Tim (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  lgauge.com update

I finally got around to updating (URL) with some new train cars and structures. New items are highlighted at the top of the menu. Specific changes are: - DCC page updated to include implementing DCC with Mark Riley's LDCC for the RCX - Cylindrical (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  New guy in town!

Hi All, With James' permission (he's away form a PC for the next few days)... James and Amy Mathis is pround to announce the healthy birth of their son Liam James Mathis! He was born yesterday (Thrusday April 7th), 5lbs-13oz (~2.6kg), 19.25" (~49cm) (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  MichLTC to display at Chicago House of Bricks

MichLTC is going to setup a 15'x15' train/town display at the Chicago House of Bricks. Expect to see Larry P's (URL) Super Chief Project>, Jason Spears' (URL) Hotel>, Chris Leach's (URL) red factory> and much more. Hope to see many of you there! (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.il, FTX)

  Re: Indy 500 Speedway

(...) I haven't seen a lego Kangaroo yet so it may be difficult. Steve (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Design Update (was Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.)

(...) It's funny that you posted this. I'm working on my own version of an RS-1, and I ended up using the same piece for the roof, though my roof looks to be a couple of studs wider. At the moment, Bricklink has *none* of these in Black, so I had to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Indy 500 Speedway

Not bad :) Now if only someone would build a lego model of Mount Panorama @ Bathurst :) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Design Update (was Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.)

(...) The design of this illustrated step book is complete. (...) Looks like the (URL) new slope brick curved top 1x3x1 piece> is available in black. The new for 2005 set 8648 Buzz Saw racer, US$10, has two of them. Ouch! This RS-1 locomotive uses (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Indy 500 Speedway

I'm getting close to completing this lil' project and I thought I would submit it to the discussion on compressionism. :-) Since the real track is 2.5 miles in length and sets on a 320 acre tract of land it was necessary to scale a few things down. (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Compressionism (D&RGW coach set)

(...) Sorry, that's what I meant, apologies if that wasn't clear. Steve's right though, you need to stop hassling people about their desires (and they need to stop hassling you about yours)... (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Compressionism (D&RGW coach set)

(...) Better that way than having several clubmembers coming to you asking what that stupid big engine did to their trackside structures. (I was the only 8-wide builder at the time and built my engines big, heavy and as overpowered as possible :D ) (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: London Underground Train

(...) Yes..you do have a proportionally large gap to mind with lego trains! The extra plate would certainly reduce the inset at the sloped part of the door but it was not possible with this version because the tile on top of the door is required to (...) (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: London Underground Train

Hi Jon, "Mind the Gap" ;) I was just in London for a week in the fall and rode this very train from Heathrow to Earl's Court station. And other tube trains all around London, including the EuroStar from Waterloo station to Paris! (Steve's excited). (...) (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Compressionism

A very close friend has been recently teaching me a lot about not trying to change others. It's hard for me and as I try grow in this particular direction I have become more sensitive to it and I see it in most everyone. :) I think that we should (...) (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Compressionism (D&RGW coach set)

(...) Ugh, I can't stand it. We just had a layout that used c-s-c-s-c-s-c to avoid a track overlap, and I felt like puking as the trains went bobbing through it. I can only imagine how those poor minifigs felt. As for the 8-wide debate, we all know (...) (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cool new scene spotted on BS

(...) No, but I hadn't seen that before, so I'l glad you pointed it out. thanks tim (20 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact