 Trains / 24847
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 15:24:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeff Stembel wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.iltco, Mike Walsh wrote:
   LEGO has provided ILTCO with early pictures and set information for the new 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Cair. Vist http://www.iltco.org for more details and pictures.

Mike

PS: LEGOFan is also previewing this set at: http://www.legofan.org

FUT: lugnet.trains

I’m pretty disappointed with those containers. I’d have expected them to use the recessed doors they’ve used in the past. I do like that the cars are built up, though, rather than single pieces.

Jeff

I wouldn’t be buying this set anyway, but I’m really getting tired of TLC’s excuses to AFOLs. “New molds cost too much” was the old refrain, but now it’s “an inability to produce new colors of those parts in our current financial state”.

Where does TLC come up with the money to mold new pieces like this, this, and this? And let’s not even talk about the money spent to introduce a whole new set of colors. It would be a lot more honest if they just said “Some of you suckers will buy anything, so why make the effort”.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations