 Trains / 24814
Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:00:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:

   You forgot to mention your hidden power bogie design which is equally as applicable a principle used with BBB wheels as 6 wheel bogies!

Eeeps! Missed out opportunity for shameless self-plug! :-o

   (This point has already been brought up by ROSCO at JLUG, but I’ll say it again here.) The small BBB wheels would look good enough for disels/elctrics, although they are designed to be used on steamers and do have spokes. But the spokes can be hidden with greebling and details.....

And some older diesels and electrics do have spoked wheels!

I was wondering about that when I had that discussion with ROSCO. Neither of us could think of such a proto, although I know plenty of electrics have the spoked wheels. Care to share examples? Would be nice to see some spoke wheeled diesels.

   PS what does IIRC actually stand for? I know what it means.

If I recall correctly. I know what it means too ;-) I DARE not post something without fully understanding what I’m talking about (at least at LUGNET) or I could land into trouble LOL.

Legoswami