 Trains / 24816
Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:09:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:

   (This point has already been brought up by ROSCO at JLUG, but I’ll say it again here.) The small BBB wheels would look good enough for diesels/electrics, although they are designed to be used on steamers and do have spokes. But the spokes can be hidden with greebling and details.....

And some older diesels and electrics do have spoked wheels!

I was wondering about that when I had that discussion with ROSCO. Neither of us could think of such a proto, although I know plenty of electrics have the spoked wheels. Care to share examples? Would be nice to see some spoke wheeled diesels.

Hmm, perhaps I should take note of your point below! The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the BR class 74 electro-diesel (1) which is a bit of a cheat as they are really electrics with a small diesel generator for limited working off electrified lines. However searching for these pages also found me the Queensland Railway 1170 class (2)

If I recall correctly. I know what it means too ;-) I DARE not post something without fully understanding what I’m talking about (at least at LUGNET) or I could land into trouble LOL.

Legoswami

Tim

(1) Although that page does not mention the spoked wheels the clss was converted from class 71 electrics, this page mentions the spoked wheels.
(2) This page mentions the spoked wheels