 Trains / 24786
Re: What is the Best Starter Train Set? LEGO 65537
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 20:37:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Garrison wrote:
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Ray Silva wrote:

You are right!  I couldn't find 65537 listed at BrickBros either.  But
it should also be pointed out that this is a hard set to try and locate
anywhere on the internet.  I did some searching for it on google, and
most e-tailers selling LEGO don't have it in stock if they have the
stock number in their inventory.  So it must have been snatched up by a
lot of AFOLs already.

I heard a rumor at a train show that TLC had a manufacturing problem and
won't have more than a few thousand available to retailers until after
Christmas.

Did this set ever show up again following Christmas?  Has anyone heard rumors
that it may resurface sometime soon?  I've been looking into getting a lego
train set (my first), and this set always sounded like a good deal.

I actually have lots of train cars already, thanks to sales of the non-motorized
hogwarts express and the spider-man train rescue sets.  Now i just need the
regulator, track, motor, wheels etc.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy