 Trains / 24837
Re: lgauge.com update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:57:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tom Cook wrote:
I finally got around to updating http://lgauge.com with some new train cars and
structures.  New items are highlighted at the top of the menu.  Specific changes
are:
- DCC page updated to include implementing DCC with Mark Riley's LDCC for the
RCX
- Cylindrical Covered Hopper, with instructions
- Intermodal Spine Car, with instructions
- Intermodal All-Purpose Well Car, with instructions
- Rotator building, with instructions
- Switch Machine for 9V turnouts, with instructions

Please let me know what you think or if you find any errors, broken links, etc.

I printed out your DCC page to read in bed and found it inspiring. I'm still in
two minds whether I:
A) need DCC, I've not got many trains I'm happy with yet
B) go for LDCC or a proprietary system.

The LDCC route actually has a cheaper start-up cost even taking the cost of RCX
bricks (especially V1) and appeals by being more 'pure Lego' but I also plan on
some 'real' railway modelling in the future, once my loft has a floor and could
use the DCC controller for that too.  hmm, Decisions, decisions!

You mention that the auxilary output on the motor can be used for lights, I got
the impression that this had a simple on/off control. Is the output DC or AC?
Would if be possble to fairly simply modify your design to give changable
headlight/taillights?

Tim

PS, you asked for any errors, it might be worth running a spell-checker over the
page!