 Trains / 20163 (-100)
  Re: 2003 Trains Now on Shop At Home

Why do the Cargo train and the Hi-Speed train say they need batteries? Anyone know? I can't remember Lego trainsets ever needing batteries. -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  2003 Trains Now on Shop At Home

Just noticed the new sets are now on shop at home: (URL) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  BR50 now done as ML-CAD drawing and rendered....

Hi all! the amount of positive feedback on my first CAD-models encouraged me to do a further model in ML-CAD now. It took nearly 7 hours to draw the existing model of my 7-wide BR50. Especially the flexible hose generator took me some time, before I (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Compatibility of Duplo Intelli-trains with older Duplo trains

Hi! I have one of the Duplo battery trains from when I worked as a model builder. We pulled out the old track and new track that my new daughter has when her cousins were over. Old train with new smart elements: Sometimes it stops the train, mostly (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  New G10 freight car in brown and some minor but magnificient changes for the yellow G10

Hi, recently I have completely rebuild my yellow G10 freight waggon. I had enough yellow lamp bricks to exchange them with the red ones I have used before. I've changed the sliding door mechanism. And thanks to Jürgen B. from München (Munich) which (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Switch Modification on Ebay

I'd like some, I was the one who e-mailed though Ebay asking If I can buy & wait a week to pay... then I realized that it'll reply-to my dad's e-mail, so I'd never get the reply, is it ok? I'd go bid now if its ok w/ you... Josh (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Switch Modification on Ebay

(...) I've seen a few others do this modification, but to my knowledge, I was the first to do this type of modification back in mid 98' on my LEGO switching layout. In addition, I think I'm the first one to do this modification without actually (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Compatibility of Duplo Intelli-trains with older Duplo trains

(...) Yes, same track. But I think it is a different color, nothing major. (...) The way the sound elements interact with the train depends on which driver you have driving the train. The instructions tell you exactly what the differences are. Here (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Train Switch Modification on Ebay

(...) (URL) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Switch Modification on Ebay

I just saw this on Ebay. Has anyone else done this? It looks like a professionally done job. (URL) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Compatibility of Duplo Intelli-trains with older Duplo trains

(...) I believe they are 100% compatible. (...) Don't know, but I'm guessing they are used to make different sounds similar to the smart elements from MyBot. -Rob. (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 10027 Arrived downunder

(...) Oh and the trans 3x6 slopes used for the skylights seemed quite popular too... ROSCO (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10027 Arrived downunder

(...) Well worth it - a wide shot here (URL) - highlights definitely the tools, the vice is brilliant! Also a welding trolly (not in that pic). ROSCO (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Compatibility of Duplo Intelli-trains with older Duplo trains

I am looking at buying some of the new Intelli-trains for my nephe. To what extent are the new Intelli-trains compatible with the older Duplo trains? Can they use the same track? Can the new "smart elements" be placed on old track? Obviously I (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  NGLTC display at the Dawsonville LEGO Outlet Store

Today the North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) put on a small display in front of the Dawsonville LEGO Outlet store. This is our 4th year of doing a display on Memorial Day weekend at the store. It's always a fun day for club members, store (...) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: 10027 Arrived downunder

(...) I look forward to it. This is one set Iam definitely going to get, the question is whetherI can afford to get two! it looks simply fantastic. Santosh (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

In lugnet.cad, Stefan van Zwam writes: Hi Stefan! I have had some other plans with that special wheel in red: (...) number at hand, but the alternative model is a dragster and there are these red wheels used.... (...) None of them so far... :-(( But (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

Hi there! Last year at Legoworld, while disassembling the creations the visiting kids had made during the day, you told me that you wanted the following piece in red: (URL) I can see why. The real-life picture wasn't too clear on this, but did you (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round parts on the side of Hailfire Droid UPDATE

Hey all, While browsing Brickshelf recently I happened to fall upon a folder with detailed photos of the new Hailfire Droid.(URL) Along with the other photos Simon Bennett was kind enough to photograph the new rotation gear against a baseplate. (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

(...) (2 URLs) work! Thanks Ben (And Zany!) for posting this. I hope this get's submitted for the next parts release at LDRAW.org? (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

(...) after lots of positive feedback (via mail, at 1000steine and Lugnet) concerning my first atempt of a rendering, I have continued and now finished a whole train with 6 different waggons. When moderated all waggons will apear here as single (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  MichLTC - Durand Railroad Days - Show Report & Pictures

MichLTC had a modest 8x13 layout in Durand Michigan this past weekend. Featuring models by Jason Spears, Larry Pieniazek & Chris Leach, this show was a fun & relaxing show for everyone. Lots of Town buildings & Train creations to see, so check it (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi) !

  10027 Arrived downunder

Hi my 10027 the Train Engine House has arrived here down under in australia. Looking forward to building it and showing it off, from viewing the box, and instructions there are a lot of features, like a vise, lathe, drill press, overhead lighting (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tanker revision

That's the stuff. Very modern in appearance, nice and slick. Better than the Eurotrash version <gdr> Cheers, Kevin. (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed controller modifications

(...) John, Try this (URL) This (URL) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Speed controller modifications

Has anyone tried replacing the train speed controller chip (LM317 I think) with any of the pin compatible higher current ones? I have noted that with large numbers of train cars requiring multiple motors in multiple locos to push/pull them along, (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Real brick building of James Mathis designs.

Hi all, For some time, I have been working on building James Mathis' Danish train design. It is slightly different because I couldn't get all the pieces, but it's still pretty close to the original design, I think. The result can be seen at my (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.dk)

  Re: New LUG in Saint Louis

(...) No not necessarily I had originaly set CMLUG up as MO wide but for right now we will go only by GtwLUG (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Track diagrams

You can check out a few the SCLTC has done here: (URL) been backlogged and so I haven't been working on our more recent layouts, however. - Thomas Michon Webmaster, SCLTC (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New LUG in Saint Louis

(...) Does this negate the CMLUG? JOHN (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.castle)

  MOC Truss Bridge(s)

I should have more and much better quality photos in a week or two. In the meantime... (URL) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  New LUG in Saint Louis

As a result of this post: (URL) we here in Saint Louis have started up a LUG called ..... (With great fan fare) Gateway LEGO Users Group or GtwLUG. We are about 6 members and are currently making plans to display at the 2003 LEGO Road Show (date and (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

Hi Ben, Your render from POV-Ray is extremely well done! Congratulations. It is beautiful. Kevin (...) visit (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

hi! toll!! hoffentlich folgen noch viele weitere modelle! bye/tschuess thomas (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Alco FA and FB 2

Hi all, I finally made 8-wide versions of my Alco FA-2, and built a new FB-2 to go along with it: (URL) few notes: -windshield is based on John Neal's design, though without the downward cant -the rear grills are SNOT pieces that hang off the roof (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug) !

  Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

Wow. For a first time render this is so nice! With landscape and everything. Cool! CU, greetingz... Jaco (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  My first rendering of a CAD-model.....

Hi all, this is probably my first posting ever in Lugnet.cad and the reason, why I visit this part of Lugnet now, is quite obvious: I have finished my first ML-CAD model (after an existing design in real Lego bricks) last week and yesterday I (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: California Coastline

I was looking for the Jim Morrison minifig reciting "Moon Light Drive" to Ray Manzerick minifig, at which moment the band The Doors was formed! I think this was on Venice Beach though, ah, close enough! SteveB (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.trains.org)

  FS: 7722 Train Set, missing parts

Found: a 7722 Battery Train Set, with box, instructions and some unidentifiable paperwork. Missing a 1x1x1 clear circular plate, a 1x2x1 red ladder piece and a red Train Direction Switch; may include some extra parts. I've built the first (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.market.appraisal, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: California Coastline

(...) One of my fave parts of the layout, that's what I think. I especially like the crazy surfer cars... rods, buggies, big trucks, etc. You just need a VW van and a woodie and some guy screaming "where's Gidget!" (er, maybe that's the wrong era? (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: California Coastline

Wow, Ray, that's really cool. You really bring out the feel of SoCal in your pictures. :) Nice job. -Anne (...) -- I get plenty of exercise- jumping (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. to conclusions, pushing my luck, >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`. and dodging (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Removing magnets from 70's trainbases

(...) If gluing does not work, I have some of the spare parts packs 1109 available. Please email me for details - 2 blue and 2 red of the old style magnet are included in this parts pack. -Matt :) ---...--- www.auctionbrick.com - username mchiles (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Removing magnets from 70's trainbases

Ben Wrote: (...) I have no other trick than the paper and push through the hole. Start pussing gently, don't use too much force. When this does not work, push a little harder with short pushes. With short pushes I mean a push that is just enough for (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Train Poster 2003 ready!

Hi all, It was a close finish but thanks to some people (read below for the Grammy speech) I was able to finish the LEGO Train Poster 2003 just before my vacation. New on this poster are (of course) the new models for 2003; the 4511 High Speed Train (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: California Coastline

(...) MMM... You remind me of home. Thanks for shareing this and making a San Diegan feel better, even if he's stuck in South Carolina for a while. -Orion (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.trains.org)

  California Coastline

If any of you have traveled through Southern California, there are spots where the train tracks are right alongside the beach, so what better thing to include in a portion of a layout from the Southern California Layout Train Club. Here's a link to (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....

(...) Hi John! Thanks for your kind words, but if you are in search for a master concerning multiple drive wheels, so check out HoMa's pages. His Big Boy has some trouble in narrower curves and points, but his other engines are partly much longer (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Removing magnets from 70's trainbases

(...) [SNIP] (...) [SNIP] (...) Congrats Niels! You have had some luck and a good hand in your job. And I think you have done it absolutely right to have tried first to bring out the broken magnets. I tried the same a few years ago and in one out of (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail fleet - to dispel a vicious rumour ...

"Terry Prosper" <t@rotule.qc.ca> wrote in message news:HF1MrC.1DJA@lugnet.com... (...) It (...) out (...) testing? (...) This has never happened to me so I haven't needed a solution. The only issue I know of is the inability to push through (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Removing magnets from 70's trainbases

(...) Thanx for the answer, I have succeeded now. I first tried to remove two broken off magnets (only the part that connect to the hole was present, and I had to remove these to insert complete magnets from another car). I gave up on this after (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track diagrams

Nice one! Thanks Jason. (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Tanker revision

I recently rebuilt my tanker and with the new digital camera/toy I'm compelled to post it. I stretched it to three panels in length and went from two axles to four. As with the original it is a complete cylinder with only the horse harness holding (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Farm MOC.

(...) Great Stuff, I just got around to looking at this and must say I like it a lot. I always like lego models involving a whole scene, especially with water and greenery... Keep up the great work! God Bless, Nathan (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  MOCs: Engine shed, station, signal box and more

I've finally got around to putting all these up on the web. The engine shed is modelled after English examples, with circular vent holes, "brick" arches and a workshop. I built this about two months before the first rumours of LEGO's shed, which (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lner A4

Lewis Valentine wrote: > This engine was incredibly hard to find pictures of. Which suprised > me since it is still the steam speed record holder. So the tender is > even harder to find images of. Are they? The Mallard is in the centre of York (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail fleet - to dispel a vicious rumour ...

Hello I've tried your joint-ball technique to connect a 4-cars monorail train. It looked to work just fine, but suddenly, the last or front car would come out of a turn, flip and bring with it the whole train. Disaster! 13 Minifigs died. Each time I (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC to display at National Orange Show, San Bernardino, CA

The Southern California LEGO® Train Club is pleased to announce our second appearance at the 88th National Orange Show at the Orange Fairgrounds in San Bernardino, California. Our club members are busily expanding the recently displayed layout from (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe) !

  Re: Track diagrams

(...) Well we (MichlTC) have our last 6 layouts detailed here: (URL) Designer files are available for downloading. We don't have any wiring details on those (except 1). -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Removing magnets from 70's trainbases

It is possible for force them through the hole; after all that is how they got there in the first place. It is a bit hard to do and might need some special tooling, but possible. I hate to do it myself. S Niels Karsdorp <nkp.nkp@hetnet.nl> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Track diagrams

Hey everyone, long time since I posted in here. Is there a collection of track diagrams anywhere? of say when the various clubs put together a display, theplan view of the tracks and wiring up to Transformers? Whilst looking at photos is good for (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC display at Dawsonville LEGO Outlet store Memorial day weekend

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club will be presenting their annual train display on May 24th at the Dawsonville Georgia LEGO Outlet store at the North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall. The layout will be setup in front of the store from 10am til 7pm. So (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Removing magnets from 70's trainbases

Hello, I am new to the trains section of Lugnet. I recently bought some second hand train stuf from the seventies (blue track era) including some trainbases with wheels on metal axles and a blue and red magnet. Some have the magnets broken off or (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Updates to my MOC Locomotive

I made some changes to my MOC. It was my first train MOC and has been rebuilt 100 times it seems. Now 101. (URL) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....

(...) Nicely done, and very faithful to the prototype. I am really going to study your techniques of utilizing multiple drivers, because there are some steam trains that I want to model. (standing on the shoulders of giants:-) (...) It is indeed a (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) True, but it's not hard to make up two studs on the first curve that you happen to get to. (or in this case, one each, if that's easier) So for the LEGO purist, this is a better approach. (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) Our club's first lifting bridge (by David Wegmuller) took that approach. The trouble is that it screws up the entire layout because everything is off by 2 studs. For David's second version, he had to modify the ends of the track connectors so (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) Those are non-ASCII characters. If your browser/newsreader displayed them correctly you would see a sort of wavy line. Since only characters between 32 and 126 are guaranteed to be printable on all screens and to pass through all kinds of (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics: Buildings!Buildings!Buildings! Exotic Colors:-)

(...) Hi again John! (...) To be honest: I did not noticed it, but was used to too dark red by my old Olympus camera..... But still I think your building talent oversteps your talent to get ultrarare bricks in quite huge amounts in your hands. And (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Spotting

Here's some shots of some real trains... Blue Talgo, Cascades (earth tones) Talgo, Sounder Bilevel, a couple flavors of engines too. Blue Talgo: (URL) once moderated... (URL) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

(...) These new sets? Ho Hum....parts in new sets? Mostly still Ho Hum......COMEON Lego more city sets like the new train round house...you know nice looking buildings with details? *Sigh*.........Chris (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....

(...) At least I am on the way to make up a very first foundation stone for that. After a 3-minutes visit of the L-draw school in Zwolle in the class of Jaco I am now in the first degree of CAD beginners. When the Engine ever gets finished, I would (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....

In lugnet.trains, Andy Stringer writes: Hi Andy, long time ago, since we once met in Braunschweig.... Thanks for your nice words on my "Steppenpferd". Which by the way does not mean "tap dancing horse" (=Stepp-Pferd), but prairie horse (prairie = (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....

(...) [snipped] (...) A real beauty Ben (of course!). It really is a BR24! Love the tender too, loads of detail there too! But, hey, what is this: (URL) ? Will there be a Ben's Master Builders Book afterall??? ;-) (...) Like the brown one better, (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10027 Engine Shed

(...) Oh, I forgot: It is a stricktly 6 wide shed, well maybe 7. But watch out for your tube-light when you bring in the Super Chief!!! Jeroen (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  10027 Engine Shed

Hi all, For those of all who didn't already ordered the Engine Shed, please do. I haven't had so much fun building a Lego Model since the yellow trainstation or the harbour with container-crane. You all have seen the preview pics and the box art, (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....

Ben, Once again you've excelled yourself! I particularly like the hopper wagons, they really do capture the look of the German prototype - its amazing how much difference a few details can make, a real improvement on the standard blue hopper. Is the (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: two MOC trains

(...) Thanks! It took me a while to figure this walkway out, the first versions got stuck sometimes in the curves, crashing it, but I've ran it for over 100 laps (with curves and switches) without problems after the last revision. You'll see it soon (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: flextube catenary

(...) Wow, that really does look nice. Hey LEGO, can we buy flex tubing in bulk? <grin> Very clever use of the 'control stick' element to hold the tubing in place, too... JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  flextube catenary

Mentioned elsewhere: (URL) is pretty nifty in appearance. I especially liked the terminators/weights. Not sure how practical it would be for a large layout but man does it look cool. (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....

(...) Awesome work! I love the "Steppenpferd" (hope I spelled that correct, my Fleischmann catalog's translation was pretty bad ;) ) ! Any chance you'll build a second as a BR64? (...) Great camera! But from my limited experience with an IXUS v2 I (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

(...) Not bad, but I'm not a fan of the newer curved pieces. They just don't seem as versatile as regular slopes. Things seem to be inching towards a 'Play-mobile' look. Later, Gary (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Pics: Buildings!Buildings!Buildings! Exotic Colors:-)

(...) with dark red paint? ;-) Check out these two pics: (URL) that it is dark red I *really* like it:-) JOHN (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics: Buildings!Buildings!Buildings! Exotic Colors:-)

(...) for your announcement! That brickshelf gallery is not by chance among the most visited at brickshelf. I always like to come along now and then and check if there are any ideas to 'borrow'... My favorite among all the pictures is still this (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....

Hi Folks, after a longer creative break I have heaviely come back into the middle of the train theme now. Some new models - all of them are not too huge, but nevertheless they are quite detailed - have now been uploaded at brickshelf and will be (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

Well done LEGO, with both World City trains and police! With on exception, and that is buildings. The train station and police station are still a far cry from the golden age, though a huge jump from Town Jr. I am very impressed with the vehicles, (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: two MOC trains

(...) I especially like the white with red windows! ...and the low profile belly on the cars ...and of course the innovative walk-way between the cars. I can't wait to see it in action! (...) I like this picture for the comparison between the high (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Engine shed has been delivered!!!

oh man, it's so cool... sorry can't talk now, have to build... Jeroen (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

(...) Well, in the past it usually was: one year the police get new equipment, the other year it's the fire dept. that gets "it". So anybody seen the 2004 sets yet? :-) /\/\ark "gonna spend lots o' money on these" de Kock (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Monorail motor clip difference?

I tried to find i nfo on the clips that are attached to the monorial motor (that hold the bases), but could locate an answer. I have alot of these motors, and just noticed 3 of 20 had "short" clips, and the rest have "long" clips. Could the shorter (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

Yes! The man back to bring you down! Lego has returned to its classic theme of police opression and incarceration of nonconformists, hippies, people with stubble, and criminals. The return of the police state is key. I won't be able to collect (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

In the words of Big Kev - I'M EXCITED! I see lots of trans-black - are those quater cyclinder panels in trans black on the police station? - lots of wheels in grey, 6 wide trucks and some interesting new slopes. Looks like some nice sets coming up. (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Black train wheels, red axles

(...) Hi Peter, that topic has been discussed several times before in 1000steine.de and lugnet.train, so check out for e.g. this old posting: (URL) seems that TLC has been short with black pins in middle of the 90ies. In those days they brought out (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engine shed is being shipped!

me three, G'day Aaron from Australia. "Alfio Scaletta" <alfiosca@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message news:HEpF9n.10qD@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  That's not a tree, this is a tree...

I have finally posted my first moc (real moc not LDraw) and am using my Brickshelf file for what is was intended, displaying the brick. For those who know me my first moc post being a collection of trees will really not surprise you, but Lego (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !!

  two MOC trains

I've almost finished two trains I've been working on. Some tinkering and tweeking will be done soon (and some intertior work) A 6 wide high speed train (fantasy), some deep links: (URL) moderation: (URL) 5 cars for my 8-wide 4-6-4 yellowbelly (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NMRA Chattanooga show teaser photos

(...) <snip> Cool! Thanks for sharing.... (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Two Locomotives

I finally bought a digital camera, so here are some of MOC's I've been working on Blue Diesel (URL) train This one I built to match the Sante Fe in appearance, but the SNOT used in the lettering called for it to be built vastly different. The last (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

May I suggest a name change for theme? Say "World City Police"? ;-) I must say a lot of the stuff looks great. My general observation is that the 2003 town line is very realistic. Note the dark blue police uniforms and the orange jump suit for the (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: SCLTC - Fullerton Railroad Days - May 3-4, 2003

(...) Yes! This is exactly the desired practice, in my view. I've (re?) included trains.org but set FUT back to the group that in my view, is best to host the particular discussion (of Fullerton Railroad Days...), the group specific to the SCLTC (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: SCLTC - Fullerton Railroad Days - May 3-4, 2003

(...) I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it's better to err on the side of posting to *more* newsgroups for an initial message (assuming the post is appropriate to each newsgroup, of course), and then setting the follow ups to *less* (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact