 Trains / 20121
Re: Removing magnets from 70's trainbases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 09:34:47 GMT

Ben Wrote:
Congrats Niels!

You have had some luck and a good hand in your job. And I think you have done
it absolutely right to have tried first to bring out the broken magnets.

I tried the same a few years ago and in one out of two cases I broke the intact
magnets while I tried to disassable them. :-(
Is there any trick you have used (except from the paper)?

I have no other trick than the paper and push through the hole.
Start pussing gently, don't use too much force. When this does
not work, push a little harder with short pushes. With short
pushes I mean a push that is just enough for the magnet leave
the hole, don't shoot it through the room ;-)

In the past (80's/90's) I had one magnet broken and I glued the
parts together with some additional plastic at the bottom to make
it a little stronger. Okay, this is not 100% Lego anymore, but it
makes the broken part usable again (try to find some plastic in
the same color as the broken magnet).

Niels