 Trains / 20084
Re: Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 10:50:33 GMT

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:

1)
This is a steam engine after the German "Baureihe 24" (BR24). That engine
has basically been developed to drive smaller commuter (and fright)
trains. Therefor it can run 100 km/h in both directions.

Some building highlights are the upside down minifig seats as part of the
boiler, the "hidden" wheels of the tender (mid-axle can slide sidewards
with the frame) and the sloped walls of the drivers cab. Lots of further
details have just been copied from the - now one and a half year old -
BR50 engine.

Awesome work! I love the "Steppenpferd" (hope I spelled that correct, my
Fleischmann catalog's translation was pretty bad ;) ) ! Any chance you'll
build a second as a BR64?

P.s.: I just bought a new camera last weekend. From now on my old Olympus
Camedia 820L will be replaced by a Canon IXUS v3. I know that camera is
quite ok, but I fear it will take some more time, before I am able to
reach the standard of quality I want to have. Some of the above pictures
are not as perfect as they should be.....

Great camera! But from my limited experience with an IXUS v2 I noticed you
almost can't make any decent close-in shots without a tripod, the camera
IMHO is too small to hold it steady in your hands. Also, did you use the
macro mode? That might make the image sharper too.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/
LEGO Santa Fe B-unit | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/lego/f7b.html