 Trains / 20088
Re: Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 15:20:33 GMT

Ben,

Once again you've excelled yourself! I particularly like the hopper wagons,
they really do capture the look of the German prototype - its amazing how
much difference a few details can make, a real improvement on the standard
blue hopper.

Is the locomotive really called a "tap dancing horse"? Does it have a more
literal meaning in German perhaps? It's really good, whatever the meaning,
although I'm not sure the driver's would have been happy running at 100kmh
backwards! - not only would the driver be on the wrong side to see the
signals, but the wheel arrangement means that any track transitions (curves
and pointwork etc) would be straight onto the driving wheels, rather than
onto the small pony wheel when running forwards.

I do like the middle driving wheel mounting arrangements, its always
frustrating that three large wheels must be articulated - yours is a neat
solution that will probably find its way to Birmingham.

Keep on building!

Andy