 Trains / 20153
Re: Compatibility of Duplo Intelli-trains with older Duplo trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 14:06:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kerry Raymond writes:
I am looking at buying some of the new Intelli-trains for my nephe. To what
extent are the new Intelli-trains compatible with the older Duplo trains?

Can they use the same track? Can the new "smart elements" be placed on old
track? Obviously I assume the old trains won't understand the "smart"
elements, but apart from that is there any other incompatibilities?

I believe they are 100% compatible.

Also, I read that there are "smart elements" but what functions exactly do
they control and which sets control which smart elements?

Don't know, but I'm guessing they are used to make different sounds similar
to the smart elements from MyBot.

-Rob.