 Trains / 17763 (-100)
  The BrickChime Airhorn

At last, a new sound warning device for your train MOC's... (URL) pics to come) -Harvey (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  10022 Santa Fe cars Shipping in USA

Subject says it all, got my ship notice early Tuesday morning, 9-24 Thanx Mark M (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New Lego engine with promotion for the Legoland park....

Anybody seen this? Maybe that will be the next Lego train set? (URL) image in full size is original from the BAYER homepage. Bayer is producing the raw material ABS for Lego. Sorry for the too long links. Please try to restore by drag and drop... (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego train show Edmonton Sept 28-29

Hello, The members of the Northern (and Southern) Alberta Lego User Groups are pleased to announce their participation in the Greater Edmonton Train Show this Saturday September 28 10AM-5PM and Sunday September 29 10AM-4PM. To be held at the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Another Hopper

(...) (URL) that there is another lever extension for the door lever on the real-brick-model that I forgot to put onto the CAD version-- it's needed so the lever can be accessed by fingers to open/close the door. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Another Hopper

This grey hopper is based on the look of the blue hopper set 4536, but contains a different construction base and cargo discharge door mechanism. The door mechanism uses a hinged scissor(?) lever. When the door is in the closed position, the scissor (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Work in progress for ISCC2

Hi all, I am glad to share a first spyshot on my momentary moccing. The following building is meant to be published in the soon beginning Second International System Creativity Contest (ISCC II from oct. 1st 2002). www.creativity-contest.net So far (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego Train poster is ready and waiting...

(...) Oops indeed. Funny cos the thumbnail has the correct text! Computers... Anyhoe, I wil correct it tonight! Sorry for the people who downloaded it already! Jeroen (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego Train poster is ready and waiting...

"Jeroen de Haan" <jeroendehaan@mac.com> wrote in message news:H2v01B.2wD@lugnet.com... (...) but (...) Oops... Dean (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOCs part 2 : Amtrak GP-class engine

Hi,guys, I added some new pics: (URL) can see some close-ups of Amtrak GP engine hauling the car racks,which,BTW look much shorter than they are (45 studs) and can carry 8 lego town cars (the classic 4x10 one) (well,the locomotive is american and (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New Lego Train poster is ready and waiting...

...on a re-designed site. The site is still "under construction"; some finishing touches are there to be made (the ticker is not a good idea!) but you can download the new poster (which includes the Santa Fe). Please send me feedback and bugreports (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some Virtual Train building

Hi James, I like the Green European Electric loc verry much and the Belgian AM96 Commuter train, especially the V1, because the black front rounding resembles me the most 'real' comparing with the other versions. I see almost dayly such commuter (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego trains mentioned in "Classic Toy Trains"

Greg Kramer wrote in message ... (...) It might have been the VLC (Vancouver Lego Club)... the Toy Train Operating Society had their national show here in Vancouver last year, and the VLC had our layout at the show. Of course it could also have (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MY CUSTOM MODELS NOW FOR SALE!!

(...) Kevin: your message was appropriate here only (please read group charters): (URL) it's really NOT cool to post advertising outside the market groups. -Suz LUGNET Admin (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Lego trains mentioned in "Classic Toy Trains"

In the current (Nov. '02) issue of Classic Toy Trains, Lego trains get a mention. There is an article where 15 "experts" discuss the future of toy trains: Joe Lesser, book and magazine author: "I am also intrigued with the Lego electric trains. I (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Some Virtual Train building

(...) While I would certainly love to have a full selection of pieces, I realize this is basically impossible. This is why I am sort of disappointed with the rate at which new colors are appearing. With 20 colors or so, we could hope to see a decent (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some Virtual Train building

(...) you (...) now these models are even more marvelous in my eyes. Very well done, only a pity Lego does not provide us with full support in all shape+colour combinations... Leg Godt! Ben (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Real-Build Green Hopper, Locomotive, and Instructions (Re: Some Virtual Train building)

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:H2rD0A.Kyo@lugnet.com... (...) are (...) (URL) have modified the chute mounting to give it a bit more strength, and given it black bogies which I think look better. Huw (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

Hiya all... Finally... the first of my CUSTOM SETS has gone on sale..!!! Thanx to michael at Ozbricks.com...: ) Go to: www.ozbricks.com And have a look in the Castle section under System....!!! This is the first of many I will be bringing out. They (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:H2rBqM.Hx3@lugnet.com... (...) they (...) didn't seem to be in any logical order, so I had to import into Access, sort on vertical co-ordinates and re-save as a DAT. I'm sure there used to be a (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Real-Build Green Hopper, Locomotive, and Instructions (Re: Some Virtual Train building)

(...) Thanks. POV-Ray rendered instructions are now available at: (URL)In fact I thought they were so fantastic, that I felt compelled to build (...) Looks like you had to move the wheels away from the discharge shute, as well. Did the original (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interest in replacement stickers (including clear) ?

(...) Tried it a few times... if a set is older than 4-5 years you're out of luck. Same deal for instructions. (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:H2pA1z.5sJ@lugnet.com... (...) on... (...) are fantastic! In fact I thought they were so fantastic, that I felt compelled to build one: (URL) had to make very few piece/colour substitutions. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interest in replacement stickers (including clear) ?

(...) It's copyrighted and so you can only copy it with LEGO's permission, legally. As a matter of practicality, there's a pretty good chance they wouldn't mind too much if one person copied a sticker sheet for a friend and the only money changing (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interest in replacement stickers (including clear) ?

Yep, the Iegality is a thorny issue. If anyone from Lego reads this thread I'ld like to know their opinion. Currently, I believe (but I am not sure) that this would be legit if the buyer is purchasing a single sheet to replace missing/lost/damaged (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interest in replacement stickers (including clear) ?

(...) If you follow the letter of the law, it ain't. However I doubt TLC would make a big fuss out of it if somebody were to make a small run of 80's sticker sheets and sell those at reasonable prices. (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some Virtual Train building

(...) nose? Would love to see some detailled LDRAW model of this beauty! (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Track radius question

(...) outer half-circle illustrates it best. What you want to be able to do is to take a quarter circle with a straight added to each end, and have your new curvature fit that. Anything else is just asking to complicate the geometry even further. 16 (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some Virtual Train building

(...) Both the locomotive and the hoppers were inspired by my sight of Jeroen's idea photos here: (URL)The hopper reminded me a little bit at this one (after a design of the todays (...) Ah, but these are real-brick-build. Always better to be (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some Virtual Train building

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes: Wow, these links rock! You seem to have too much free time.... (...) (not only because of its 7-w design)... Is there any (Maerklin?) prototype you modeled it after? The hopper reminded me a little bit at this (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My first town/train buildings

Hi all, Many of you know me as a 8wide train builder. But,since trains are used to connect towns, what are trains,without a town? :-) So I began to build some town stuff. In particular,a corner building and a switch tower. Well...the corner building (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some Virtual Train building

Hi James, Have you been busy!? Those are amazing (as allways). I really love the European autotransporter, but gathering the pieces... At least you built one of the models, with real bricks! Looking forward to your next projects. Kecia Hansen (...) (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Track radius question

(...) Oooh...Lego wyes!!! That would be awesome. We'd be able to turn our engines much easier. Still needs a lot of space though... :^\ It would still be neat. If only Lego had this many different switch styles out: (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Track radius question

(...) Oh yeah. *WHACKS HEAD ON WALL* It's called a straight. :^) -Stefan- (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interest in replacement stickers (including clear) ?

(...) That.....can't.....be legal... (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Track radius question

You mean like this... (URL) like it will work to me! These were built with the new geometry points and curves that I proposed way back on my website, although note that it does require a half straight on the first branch which would also be a nice (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some Virtual Train building

Hello (...) building one myself, but that has not (yet) materialized. For those who wish to compare this excellent model with the real one, here is a good pic: (URL) Look at how close the red doors match the original! I also liked the other models a (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some Virtual Train building

Fantastic !! .. most of it. For some of the colorschemes I had to put my sunglasses on :-) As you said yourselve: maybe you should check your box of available bricks/colors, ha! My VOTE for most desirable part: the RED 9V motor-sides of the Adler. I (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Some Virtual Train building

Just a note to invite you all to view some train ideas I've been working on... Lot's of virtual dreaming in terms of element and color availability. As someone said, I really should check back to reality and the real bricks at home...Anyway, a few (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: RichLUG Train Show - Sept. 21-22 & 28-29

Just wanted to remind folks that RichLUG's two weekend display at the RF&P Model Railroad Show is beginning this weekend (9/21-22). See below for additional details. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bricks available at Factory LEGOLAND Günzburg (was Rebuild my SBB....)

In lugnet.trains, Dirk Meier writes: <snip list of "paradise"> (...) Sounds like paradise to me... I agree, it would be nice if S@H had it but the advantage of doing it this way is that the labor to pick and pack is not costing TLC anything... the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7740 Variations

(...) I created another variant of the locomotive in British Rail colours (with yellow bib - or apron I think is the correct term) and then a further version with 1x2x3 windows to give it a more British look. Foolishly I added these to the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7740 Variations

(...) Hi Andy! I saw your engine yesterday, when the folder was open for the public for a while. I liked the 9V 3-axle wheel arrangement under your loco. Looks superior to the 4wheel motor+sidings solution I saw in some other 7740 upgrades. For the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  7740 Variations

There are some variants on the 7740 theme now available for viewing at brickshelf (URL) actually built the locomotive in metroliner colours (excluding the 1x2x2 windows, which are too expensive individually on bricklink - I've tried several (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My 2-6-6-6 Allegheny

(...) Way cool. It rocks! (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

"Roy Gal" <rrg@pha.jhu.edu> wrote in message news:H2LGDz.8uw@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) 4.5v (...) copies (...) some (...) only (...) of (...) large (...) If (...) It's a good idea. One I've wanted to do myself. But getting the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interest in replacement stickers (including clear) ?

(...) Hi Roy, What a great idea! Is there anyway you can replace stickers for existing town sets as well, or is this limited only to trains? I'd gladly pay $10 for such a service. Thanks, Michael (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Bricks available at Factory LEGOLAND Günzburg (was Rebuild my SBB....)

Hi Huw, the entire selection? Ok, I'll try to remember. But maybe this is not a complete list and as it was discussed at 1000steine that the selection is different depending on what Billund has delivered. They do not manufactor these bricks in (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  seen at 1000steine: nice idea for pantho

(URL) like especially the digonally running strut inside this light construction. Very clever design of Michael. Kind Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My 2-6-6-6 Allegheny

First steam engine in 15 years?!!?!?! What a way to start! Very awesome. I especially like the hammer idea! Perfecto!!! -Stefan- (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interest in replacement stickers (including clear) ?

Roy, I think this is a great idea - certainly for the 1980s sets, which are very hard to find with stickers intact. Maybe we could produce a sticker sheet for LUGNET users - a discreet logo to stick on our MOCs when on display at shows etc? Andy (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My 2-6-6-6 Allegheny

Awesome! Your attention to detail is makes it look very close to the original. Great job! Robert Powell SCLTC (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My 2-6-6-6 Allegheny

As a fairly long standing member of PNLTC I decided I had better finally build a train engine. So here it is, a 2-6-6-6 Allegheny, one of the largest production steam engines. Let me know what you think... www.insidethevault.c.../index.htm -Matt :) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: HP Train and Tracks.

(...) Embarassment? What embarassment? Nonsense. Rather, if you'd looked at the rest of the instruction book, you might not have decided to post here (and hopefully discovered some other useful knowledge)... Hope to see you again soon. (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: HP Train and Tracks.

(...) Duh. If I would've looked at the rest of my instruction book, I could've saved myself from embarassment. Thanks everyone for being so patient with me. (...) I'm going to buy this set, and some tracks, so my Hogwarts Express has a place to run. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Rebuild my SBB wine car now in gray

"Dirk Meier" <dirk.meier@surfeu.de> wrote in message news:H2LCK9.KF2@lugnet.com... (...) That's very interesting!! Now we in the UK have more fuel for our argument to get LEGOLAND Windsor to do something similar. To bad it wasn't open when I was (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.legoland.deutschland, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: HP Train and Tracks.

(...) ... (...) ... Here's a wild and crazy idea. If you think a thread should be added to the FAQ, how about cross-posting it to lugnet.faq? Thanks Cary (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Rebuild my SBB wine car now in gray

"Dirk Meier" <dirk.meier@surfeu.de> wrote in message news:H2LCK9.KF2@lugnet.com... (...) Dean (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP Train and Tracks.

(...) Yes. I built a steam engine using similar wheels and it will sit fine on straight track but derails on switches and curves. I'm sure the Hogwarts has the same problem. (...) Yes, it is. I don't have the set, but I've seen other people's (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Interest in replacement stickers (including clear) ?

Hi all, I have a source that is able to produce replacement stickers and labels for lego sets. This includes the ones on clear backing, like those in the old 4.5v and 12v train sets. The sticker sheets are made by scanning originals at high (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rebuild my SBB wine car now in gray

(...) Perfect model with a stunning amount of fine details and brilliant pictures. Leg Godt! Ben (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Rebuild my SBB wine car now in gray

Hi, I've rebuild my swiss SBB/CFF wine car now with gray plates. I could buy these in LEGOLAND Deutschland (Günzburg). They now have a factory outlet. You can buy the most common bricks, plates, tiles and slopes (also maccaronies) in many colors (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Roadster Car for Minifigs

(...) Nice job ! I guess that TLG should go this way in town series ! The way of 6-stud-wide car models !!! 70's and 80's were the best times for 4-studs-wide models (MANY nice models !) and now I geuss is the time for a very new town models in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Santa Fe passenger car names

(...) Thanks Larry and Bob - I agree about the organisation of the atsfrr site - Chris (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roadster Car for Minifigs

sweet. good colors. -tk "Joe Meno" <jmenomeno@aol.com> wrote in message news:H2KE1I.6A7@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:H2Jy1r.6vH@lugnet.com... (...) front. (...) Will we be able to get these figs without buying the entire set? I'm sure most of us have many of these trains and don't need anymore (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) Based on my experience I would say that there are quite a few cabooses still in use, but mainly on the local jobs. Those jobs that have to make long shove moves into industries or between them sometimes have cabooses for use, not so much as an (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP Train and Tracks.

(...) Hi and welcome. This is a commonly asked question and the answer is "sort of". Since the wheels used have flanges on both sides, they have some trouble going over switchpoints and through crossings cleanly. But they do sort of OK on simple (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roadster Car for Minifigs

(...) One word: red! Joe Meno (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) You're in Canada, though... in the US the railway unions that required 5 people for a 2-3 person job in order to "preserve jobs" have been broken and the caboose is no more. The conductor (and remaining brakeman when used) now often ride in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) Consider yourself VERY lucky then. Outside of rail museums, I've never seen an operational caboose on the end of a train. They've been replaced by EoTDs or FREDS. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roadster Car for Minifigs

"Kev" <andrastavia@ozbricks.com> wrote in message news:H2K5uE.71y@lugnet.com... (...) I like that a lot! Very 30's! Make more and more. Bob Fay (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers)

  Roadster Car for Minifigs

Hiya all... Just thought I'd share my latest MOC.. I was playing around with a 1930's type car... and here is my first attempt.... (URL) think I might make some more of these...: ) Kev..: ) andrastavia@ozbricks.com www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers) !

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) How typical is this? The freight trains that leave the industrial siding that I work near always (that I've noticed) have a caboose on the end. thanks, James (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) In US terminology, the conductor was the boss of the train. And yes, on passenger trains, the conductor was usually the one collecting tickets. I'm not sure how things work these days (since freight trains no longer have a rolling conductor's (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) Actually, I think the correct railroad term for that person would probobly be "engineer" or "engine driver" not "conductor" (a conductor IIRC is the guy that collects the tickets) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) Sorry for taking so long to jump in here. Among a couple other mini-figs, this set includes Conductor Charlie and Engineer Max. You can check out drawings of them both at www.LEGO.com/trains. Charlie has a dark blue torso and legs, white arms, (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) Ooops! It's still this style hat: (URL) didn't realize it already existed in blue. Sorry 'bout that. -Stefan--"Please no one shoot me"-G. (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

"Stefan Garcia" <sastrei@netscape.net> wrote in message news:H2J2Eo.LK0@lugnet.com... (...) Yes, I saw him. I want to see that conductor hat! We've been waiting a very long time for a good train hat... Dean (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) Not detailed ones, sorry. On the link that Richard posted though, the conductor's hiding inside the loco, but the clerk is visible by the front. Dark blue uniform. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Santa Fe Train Kit" on lego.com spotted

Next question ..... when will they be avaliable on Australia S@H? I'll be interested to see what the price is! "Bob Parker" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H2AK18.DKp@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) engines (...) deal. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

"Stefan Garcia" <sastrei@netscape.net> wrote in message news:H2ICBM.B8C@lugnet.com... (...) He (...) Do you have any pictures or links to this fig? Thanks Dean (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  9V point Super-mini-remote-controller

Revieval of the 12V remote-controlled train layouts??!! No more running around the track, just push a button, let an RCX control your points, or whatever switching material you want to use. You have to do some drilling and cutting, but it is (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) Speaking of minifigs, the set comes with a brand new conductor minifig. He has jean overalls and a blue conductor cap and red scarf. Plus there's a new train clerk guy. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) It does't appear to come with the Hopper OR Tanker. It is good to see a LEGO train set in the shops, so that children and their parents can see them and buy them. I wonder if it will be in the 2003 catalogue and if it will be available in the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Signals: a new design, for everyone to build

"greenman" <klaas.mail@tref.nl> wrote in message news:3D847589.709070...tref.nl... (...) stiff (...) I'm a switch mod king! (URL) 6 out of 12 of my switches are now Micromotor driven, controlled by RCX, (...) Thanks! (...) I'm about to have to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Signals: a new design, for everyone to build

(...) It is definitely a modified switch, not meant for the faint of heart.... :-) 6 out of 12 of my switches are now Micromotor driven, controlled by RCX, 'Dino' controller or standard 9V batterybox. And they all act perfect!! Revival of the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

"Christopher Masi" <cjmasi@*nogarbagepl...e*rcn.com> wrote in message news:cjmasi-905897.0...net.com... (...) That MUST be a modified switch. There is NO way that could work on a stiff one. Dean (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe passenger car names

(...) I did a google using "super chief car names" and found this site in the first 10 returned. (URL) linked to (URL) is the name list I remember seeing before Note that the main atsfrr site is linked to from the fallen flags ref so often cited (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Signals: a new design, for everyone to build

(...) Klaas, That is a nice signal, but I also noticed (I think) a motorized point in one of those pictures. It looked very small. Do you have more pictures of that motorized point (if that is what it was)? Thanks, Chris (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) Ok, I'm a freak, but does anyone else think the one minifig is wearing a sand-green baseball cap? Caps (and hair!) in more colors is always a good thing... :-) JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

FWIW, 4535 is not in the new Fall 2002 catalog Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Interlocking Tower

(...) My insane what? ;-) (...) Thanks. But if you thought *that* was insane, let me just say-- you ain't seen *nothing* yet! -John (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4535 - MOT Set at ToysRUs.com

(...) Very cool. Well, not a great price, but it is great to see a vaguely realistic train available through a retail outlet. And it comes with more than just a basic oval - there are couple of extra straight track segments. For those of you who (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Interlocking Tower

(...) A husband who takes lousy pics. :) It was more of a design study than a real model anyway. I'll bug her and tell her to take some for you. ;p James (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Interlocking Tower

(...) :-) I'll tell you-- it will be really tempting to sell the house to get enough money to buy dark red plates to build a nice, large brick mansion.... -John (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Interlocking Tower

(...) Sounds cool.....that you have a wife who builds!(and the cottage:-) What kind of a husband are you? Pics???? -John (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Interlocking Tower

(...) My wife did a small stone cottage with mixed plates of tan,grey, dk gry (& some light grey from mosiacs) and it looked pretty cool. James (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Interlocking Tower

Hey, that looks really good. I've always wanted to do a building with all small plates as they're closer to the size of a real brick on minifig scale. A Lego brick is closer to an over-sized cinder block. Unfortunately I've never had enough small (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe passenger car names

(...) snip (...) Try this website: (URL) that helps! - Bob (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact