 Trains / 17741
Re: Some Virtual Train building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:33:13 GMT

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message
news:H2pA1z.5sJ@lugnet.com...
Just a note to invite you all to view some train ideas I've been working • on...
Lot's of virtual dreaming in terms of element and color availability.
As someone said, I really should check back to reality and the real bricks
at home...Anyway, a few (mostly) new models:

European green electric loc with green Makies hoppers (the hoppers are
designed to dispense a load, but it's virtual, and unproven:

As a hopper afficionado I was particularly impressed by these hoppers, they
are fantastic!

In fact I thought they were so fantastic, that I felt compelled to build
one:

http://www.btinternet.com/~hmillington/pic00007.jpg

I had to make very few piece/colour substitutions. The 1 wide 75deg slopes
and inverted corner slopes came from a Red Letter Day haul. (I don't think
they have ever appeared in a set, have they?). I think I might put black
wheelsets on it, though.

I can't believe you built it virtually without prototyping it first! The
discharge mechanism does work, quite well with 1x1 round plates, although a
couple get caught around the light sabre hinge assembly.

I'll probably photograph it properly tomorrow in the daylight. If anyone
wants views of specific parts/angles, LMK.

Once again, your talent never ceases to amaze, here's hoping that LD
commission some of your wagon designs in the future!

Huw