 Trains / 17735
Re: Some Virtual Train building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:02:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:

European green electric loc with green Makies hoppers (the hoppers are
designed to dispense a load, but it's virtual, and unproven:

That has been my top favorite among the news. That loco is truly phantastic
(not only because of its 7-w design)... Is there any (Maerklin?) prototype you
modeled it after?

Both the locomotive and the hoppers were inspired by my sight of Jeroen's
idea photos here:

The hopper reminded me a little bit at this one (after a design of the todays
DB).
http://www.mabidati.de/schütt.htm
But that had a still too massive appearance in comparison to yours.

Ah, but these are real-brick-build.  Always better to be real-build.
Perhaps the POV-Ray renderings play tricks on the perspective and lend an
illusion to my design? ??

later,
James Mathis