 Trains / 17723
Re: Bricks available at Factory LEGOLAND Günzburg (was Rebuild my SBB....)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:37:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dirk Meier writes:

<snip list of "paradise">

My Brickshelf pics from the sales room have already been mentioned. So you
got an impression. It was like being in paradise. I really hope that more
stuff will be available via Shop@Home. Could not drive 800 km every time I'm
running out of bricks ;-)

Sounds like paradise to me... I agree, it would be nice if S@H had it but
the advantage of doing it this way is that the labor to pick and pack is not
costing TLC anything... the customers do it. This may actually be the way to
sell bulk... cut most of the labor cost out of the equation, only TLC labor
is to reorder and restock the bins...

If you feel bad at driving 800K, think about us stateside, we'd have to fly
over! (it's tempting though!!!0

As I told you 100 gramm 5Euro. And you get a bag (for free ;-) ) and you are
able to weight the bricks and see the price before buying. (To avoid trouble
with your wifes...)

The pricing sounds like similar to the (much more limited selection of) bulk
bricks at LLC... 28.00 USD for 1 lb (454 grams)...

Hope this helps.

Immensely, thanks!

++Lar