 Trains / 17720
17719  |  17721
Subject:
7740 Variations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:10:30 GMT

There are some variants on the 7740 theme now available for viewing at
brickshelf

I've actually built the locomotive in metroliner colours (excluding the
1x2x2 windows, which are too expensive individually on bricklink - I've
tried several alternative ideas, but non have looked good enough as yet).

The loco in Deutsche Bahn red is a natural development, as that's the livery
the real ones wore after the original cream and red.

The baggage car has also been built and was intended to extend the train
length without the need to buy train windows and doors.

There'll be a few more designs appearing over the next couple of weeks, some
that have been built, others which are just dreams of an infinite Lego
collection!

There maybe some photos of the real ones when I get my hands on a digital
camera (but LDraw is a much cheaper alternative for the moment).

Andy