 Trains / 15663 (-100)
  Re: MOC's for the SFSC

the dat file is on the page, klick on the ldraw link and you'll get it Bert "Adriling" <Adrian.Rohnfelder@p...terkom.de> wrote in message news:GsnMov.KuB@lugnet.com... (...) file? (...) :-) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC's for the SFSC

Bert, cool, I like it very much, especially the club car. Did you already built the Super Chief 10020 in MLCad and could provide us with the .dat file? Does anybody else meanwhile built it in MLCad or do I have to do the job :-) thanks adrian (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC's for the SFSC

I have made some ldraw design for the Santa Fe Super Chief. (URL) regards, Bert Giesen (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

Hello, I wanted to share this link with some interesting information: (URL) mrgraff LUGNET 917 (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) Although, strangely, the line did not actually go into Santa Fe, but instead stopped at nearby Larney, NM. Also, the railroad's name was used as a line in the song written by Johnny Mercer, and recorded by Himself, Judy Garland, and many (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief Weight Issues

(...) I have sucessfully used 1 motor in a 10020 to pull another 10020, and a full 'My Own Train' including it's locomotive (which did not have a motor.) All of this was on a large (think Ultimate Track Kit) layout that was also on a carpet and had (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roadrailer/kombiwagon

(...) European Version of North American RaodRailer's!? Josh (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Book Revisited

(...) We are still working out the details. The one thing that is certain is that if the book comes to be, it will include both community and "LEGO" content. Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train Book Revisited

Jake, Will this be like the classic idea books that were distributed in toy stores or will this be more along the lines of the recently published Ultimate Lego book? I always loved the old idea books. I'm looking forward to more information on this. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Track Designer Registry

Does anyone have a comprehensive Registry file for Track Designer that they would like to share with everyone? Pierre Normandin has one that has a few extra roadplates, etc, but has anyone got one that has a wide variety of roadplates and (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: V/Line "A" class loco

(...) Was wonderin' how long it'd take someone to notice that 8?) In fact, anyone can make them, then just drop me a note (with pics) & I'll have a 20g jar of soul delivered to your doorstep![1] Note that it can't be called a RoscoDiesel(tm) unless (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: V/Line "A" class loco

(...) Well, all such units may have your soul, but I suspect you're in fact the SOLE distributor. Unless you've figured out how to divvy up soul and parcel it out. (just back from some soul food at a Hartford CT ribs and blues club) I liked that (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Book Revisited

(...) That is actually a stellar idea! In fact, so good, LEGO Direct is working on a project right up this alley now. We are still in the pre-planning stages, but the concept is shaping up to include a combination of stuff: - Getting started with (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Roadrailer/kombiwagon

Have you ever seen the Kombirail/roadrailer? (well,they are not the same thing,but they are very similar) (URL) (see at half page)(item 48046 and 48043): (URL) is a train for truck trailers transport,that uses the trailer as wagons. just like the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: V/Line "A" class loco

(...) No probs. I must remind you though, I'm the soul distributor of the RoscoDiesel(tm) power units 8?) (...) You never know! But I wouldn't want to contaminate the plethora of Canadian locos with my lowly Aussie ones 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Town Building Contest progresses

So far we have 48 entries at the Town contest site: (URL) note - I have extended the deadline from Mar 15th (which was a Fri night) to the 17th (so you have the weekend to finish off your entry!) Keep them coming, all! Kevin ---...--- TOWN Lego (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) This route looks accurate. I don't remember the exact route by but I believe it followed the mainline out of LA through AZ and NM then turned north to go over Raton Pass and into southeastern CO and continuing through KS, MO, and IL. If you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

If you look at the LUGNET members list in the US, it looks like the states with the most SFs are the same states with the most LUGNET members: (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map - Europe

(...) I have done the same with Europe using Excel's "map" function. I have plotted: a) Number per country. (Germany Top) b) Number per country per million of population. (Netherlands Top). See it here: (URL) for any errors - but it is utterly (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.eu)

  Re: V/Line "A" class loco

(...) Very nicely done ROSCO! I love the engine... may sniv the idea and put it in my loco (giving full credit to you, of course ;) ) So does this mean you're coming to another train show in Toronto? ;) Keep up the great work! Dave (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief Windscreen

The front window on the SF is also in the 4564, but in black. (actually there are two in the 4564) jt (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Super Chief Windscreen

I just got my Super Chief (I'm sure it was just a ploy by TLC, produce an unmissable Train model and suck in all those ditherers like me who fear the ultimate cost of diving into the theme) and the windscreen is exactly right for the Class 66 loco I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  V/Line "A" class loco

My third Aussie loco, inspired by the 10020. (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: New nose test for SFSC

(...) Just to add something, in the new starwars set (URL) will have the nose part in light blue. Dave (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Book Revisited

I'm currently working on the manuscript and talking with a publisher. So I think it's a good idea! :) SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Book Revisited

After noting the continuing popularity of trains at shows and events, plus all the excitement at BricksWest, it dawned on me that I had not seen a LEGO train publication. I noticed that an idea book thread has been bantered about here, but was (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) Well, if Amtrak's Southwest Chief follows the same route, there's a list of stations here (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) Some ATSF Route History: Kansas chartered a railroad to connect Atchinson (sorry if incorrectly spelled) County and Topeka. The route to Santa Fe was added and the company renamed. The track were built on or near the wagon rutts of the Santa (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  a "blue" caboose in 6 wide

I got around to making a caboose (that I'm proud enough of to post about) since it seems to be popular thing to do right now. It didn't end like it started out, that's for sure! It started out as a red and grey wide-vision. It just kept being too (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  New nose test for SFSC

I was think about the train nose that I had built as a test. Then wondered what it would look like on my Santa Fe. So I built a more compact version and assembible it to the SFSC. Its a neet look although I wont keep it on there. It might help other (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC display in Edmonds, WA

(...) Mark and I were thinking just the same thing... hmmm how to get train bits without a train set... we're working on it. Wanna help? Mark Neumann (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Gondola, Boxcar and new Locomotive!

(...) Indeed, the renderings put my computer out of commission for a few nights! I really need to fix a couple of the more obvious problems, but all in due time, right? Thanks again! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bricklink - where is my wanted-list

(...) Probably better directed to Dan by email, but as I recently asked this very same question recently, here's his response: "They have all been moved to the top level, you can best see them at: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC pics.....

(...) Yellow & Dark Green stipe, C&NW (Chicago & North Western), I can tell from the stripe ;-), it's a C44-9W... Josh (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bricklink - where is my wanted-list

Adrian, It's not in My Bricklink anymore. Your Wanted list is now under the main Wanted tab. Click on Wanted then the Edit tab and you should see your existing list. Robert Powell (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) This can be done, although as you pointed out I'm not sure of the immediate worth. Myabe, I'll do it again when we learn all sets have been sold. What I would like to do at some point is do some statistical analysis of the number (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Terminology Question

Thanks for everyone's replies, I appreciate your help. I now know how to properly describe what I've built, but I'll have to take some pictures first! TJ (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC pics.....

I just took some pics of a desiel that I have had built for awhile. I got the idea from an engine from the Walthers cataloge. I wanted to build a large engine to pull all kinds of freightso this seemed like the perfect engine. I dont recall the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  bricklink - where is my wanted-list

hi, I think that all train-builders are frequent bricklink-users :-) so I allow myself posting this question here, does anyone know where my wanted-list is or how I can enter parts I'm looking for, I do miss this option and didn't find any hint if (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) May have more to do with the distribution of members on Lugnet 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC display in Edmonds, WA

(...) Yeah, next time we need to be sure we have a few catalogs on hand. People kept saying "LEGO makes trains??" and I would tell them a bit about them, but it would have been helpful to have a catalog on hand to show them examples of the LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei

Hi Larry, no, it's mot "photoshoped". I really would wish to be able to do such things with Photoshop. But the newspaper is **real**. Even if the german influence in Namibia - former South West Africa - lasted just 30 years and it's a long time ago, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Terminology Question

(...) Cotton Belt was taken over by Southern Pacific, with is now part of Union Pacific, & GATX leases motive power... Josh (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) I believe that it approximated Route 66's path. --Bill. (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Terminology Question

(...) Funny you should mention this.. I saw some of those yesterday. Weird looking that the wheelsets were between the units and shared the articulation point. The first one kinda surprised me, so the next one I counted a 5 unit assembly, then later (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) None, but boy is it cool!!! Thanks!!! tres geek chic. I may have to put it up on the front page of .trains for a bit... (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) Correct. Moreover, it was a southern route. I'd have to dig up my route map but I think it went more south than west initially. However remember: "Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe" is the road name... I believe all three of those towns (two in KS, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

Can you color in the states where there are LTCs? My guess is that you can tell already! SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei

(...) Well so far he's been right. There have *been* no new train sets released from the mothership. Only good stuff from the skunkworks that is LD. That it appears that some of them were designed by the same designer (but in a "free of mothership (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Terminology Question

(...) This is due to the use of only 2 couplers ;-). Sort of like the "Super Chief" F7's, they were draw bar connected, there for the # waslike 300L, 300C, 300D, 300B. 2 couplers count as one whole, no matter the # of cars/wheels in between. Josh (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) "B" Calf is a cabless road switcher. These are hood units, the cabless versions are "B" units. Same sort of idea, more horsepower without an additional engineer, but different term. (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Terminology Question

We are have a railcar manufacturer here in Portland called Gunderson that makes (www.gbrx.com/produc...rame.html) container cars. There is a picture gallery at there site. SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Super Chief" (was: Santa Fe caboose)

(...) Not yet it doesn't and it won't if we don't let it! (why do I feel like King Canute??... And no, I wasn't "begging that question") (...) Sure. Usually freight geared. (...) Undoubtedly. Some units got a temp assignment. Some units got regeared (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Terminology Question

(...) Intermodal used to describe a system of transportation for a container of some sort that uses multiple modes from departure to destination. This container can be a large, semi-trailer mounted container, or standard semi trailer, etc. If they (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  "Super Chief" (was: Santa Fe caboose)

Like it or not, the name now has two meanings: 1: A real-world named train, run by Santa Fe many years ago 2: A Lego set that consists of an EMD (F7? other F?) locomotive in Santa Fe's red/yellow/"silver" war-bonnet paint scheme. David can pull a (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Terminology Question

(...) I believe that "articulated" is the correct term. Think of it as a single piece of rolling stock (which it is) that happens to bend in a few places. The term "intermodal" refers to the system of containers that are carried on ships, trains, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) The Super Chief ran passenger service between Chicago and Los Angeles. I'm not sure how the route crosses through states so I don't know exactly which states. As far as I know, it didn't go trough the Northeast, South, or Northwest. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Terminology Question

What is the generic name for container cars that share a set of wheels in between them? Similar to this: (URL) they called intermodals? Or is that a "brand" name? thanks, TJ (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map

(...) Well I just added 2 more in Massachusetts (8188 and 8263). (...) Well I can say the Super Chief never ran through New England. My guess is that is was mostly in the South West but I am not sure. Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) Good job on the caboose. I also liked the calf unit you built. I want to get another Super Chief so I can make a calf too. One thing I'd like to point out, the Super Chief would never pull a caboose (not typically, anyway). The silver, red, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe Distribution Map

Last night, I while waiting for something to finish, I put together this little map of the US Santa Fe engine distribution. (URL) pulled the data from the SF Registry site, pruned it down to the US(1), integrated it into a GIS(2) coverage and (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) I'd agree that the rounded edge is too small to model, but the overall curve of the roof can still be done. I like to have (in six-wide at least) a plated roof, with the middle four studs raised by one plate. This isn't my best example of (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei

(...) All I gave as forecast in the beginning of 2002 has been the statement, that there would be no new train sets released in 2002. Again a huge disinformation..... Ashes on my head for that. (I simply believed the guy from TLC who told me so). (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Shop@Home Catalog Train Shed Instructions!

Sorry about that, that this wasy my 1st attempt at a .mpd file. Try it now. I've fixed the problem. As for a scan of the shed,... hum... no idea? A word to note, the .mpd file is MISSING the 1x4x6 doors with glass. I did not put them in becuase they (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei

(...) Well, I'm not sure whether or not it's photoshopped, but there IS a newspaper called the Allgemeine Zeitung. According to Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, it's the oldest daily paper in Namibia. -- Thomas Main thomasmain@hotmail.com (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

(...) <snip> I hate to be the grammar police, but this is one of my new pet peeves. I believe you mean that Allan's comments -prompt- your question. To beg the question means to -avoid- the question, or else to use your own conclusion as the basis (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Trains sets are just not meant to be parted out... (was re parting/collectability was SF F unit set

(...) You ask this question in .trains ??? Infidel. The answer is obvious. Go to the wasteland that is .starwars and repent. :-) (although at one dark point pre BrickLink(bay) I was contemplating raiding a built 4551 for its red corros... ) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@...vista.net> wrote in message news:GsHAKM.F9w@lugnet.com... (...) participating (...) "collecting Lego" (...) to (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Four years ago when I first re-discovered this hobby the thought of not (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

(...) [snip] (...) But you've gotta[1] keep fighting the good fight anyway 8?) [1] That's gotta[1] be in a dictionary somewhere[2] [2] I just lerv[1] recursive footnotes 8?) ROSCO (who's noticed at least 5 spelling / grammatical errors in his recent (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

(...) After I checked both dictionaries by my computer and then hiked down to the basement to the OED, all without results, I looked up "festouche" on Google-- now THAT certainly calls to mind an image. (...) So Lar, you have one listed in the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC display in Edmonds, WA

(...) We very much would like to see some mechs at future train shows. That was absolutely fantastic. What amused me was how the kids just crowded around whenever one of you took a mech off the table to show it off. The poor train modelers didn't (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei

(...) Namibia is a former German colony (and their only in Africa, if I recall correctly), isn't it? That would make it more surprising to me if they didn't have a German paper than if they did. Alan (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

(...) Different interpretations of what it means to 'be snotty' I guess. I see snotty as taunting, presumptuous, know-it-all. I was trying to preface my comments (which *could* have sounded snotty) and let people know that I wasn't just flinging out (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> c /Scroedinger's/Schroedinger's/ (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

(...) I hear you say that and see that now. But when I read your original (requoting) (...) I seriously took your words to mean "this is wrong". The "may sound a bit snotty" is often a giveaway to that sort of "wrongness" sentiment. Had you said "I (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei

This shot: (URL) Photoshopped?(1) Knowing the riff raff that HoMa hangs out with (2) I have my doubts. But I'm not 100% certain it's a spoof. It COULD make the front page of the paper, who knows (although I had no idea Namibia had a German paper... (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

(...) Neither do I. I didn't suggest it was wrong, only that I was curious why some folks like to keep sets unopened. It's a really hard concept for me to get my little brain around. :) (...) 100% for me, but then who's counting? (...) I suppose (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

(...) I must be missing some inside joke. Anyone care to fill me in? (...) I'm also enjoying some of the perks of adulthood. But I'm still in the dark about not opening LEGO sets. The curiousity would drive me crazy. I've bought multiple copies of (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

Oh, Man! That's my LUGNET membership #! Consider a trade? Robert Powell (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

I have an unopened Technic Space Shuttle. I've never seen one opened. And it kills me that I have not opened this one, but one day in a 100 years, my kids (not even close to reality yet) will have something fun from my generation to play with still (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

(...) Just received my train today, and unfortunately, while the number doesn't match any set, I'm quite happy with the number I did get... 777 It's pretty low for a release of 10,000 and triple sevens is doubly cool. I think the only other number (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC display in Edmonds, WA

Hey that's great. Cool look at all that stuff. Legomaster (...) I always thought it wouild cool to have a huge Train/Mech-Mech bay/Town/Technical Facility/ Support industry / Space port set up. Having the Trains pull up and power loaders off load (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

(...) Hey, cool, my number is between your two! (...) I got the call and... *sigh*... it's a losing battle.... (...) This too may sound a bit snotty, but when I first got into LEGO I couldn't afford to even buy a single copy of every set I would (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

(...) Ours is A4989, which sadly does not correlate to any LEGO set, according to the LUGNET database. My member number, 874, however, corresponds to an old Technic Accessory Set <set:874>. But I am pleased to report that after many years of trying (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

(...) <snip> (...) Well, I should have waited for you to post yours, because I just wrote the same basic message. I agree completely with this sentiment, even though I only have 2.5 4558's, and none of them are MISB, and a mostly "complete" 6399 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Shop@Home Catalog Train Shed Instructions!

(...) errors. Is page 53 of the catalog scanned and posted somewhere? SRC LUGNet#765 (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

<snipping most of the article, sorry allan> I guess you are right in what you are saying about lego being a participating hobby. However. I really don't think there is anything wrong with "collecting Lego" so I do have several unopened sets...but (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

(...) I hope you don't take my response as snotty either. It's meant to illustrate a point... (...) It's way easy to have fun with a MISB set. I have a MISB 4558. I have lots of other 4558s... so many that I can build whatever I might want to build, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe

(...) I guess this begs the question. Did you buy them to enjoy them or to make money from them? I'm not judging, I'm just saying that if you bought them for yourself, to build and enjoy, then I think it's fantastic that you've opened them. I think (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief Weight Issues

(...) Really??? I had never heard of a controller cutting out (it does have a heat triggered overload sensor) with just one or two motors loading it REGARDLESS of length of continuous running. Wow. I wonder why. What is your frequency in Oz? 50hz or (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) Ya. I don't know whether to shudder at the incorrect use of the name (It is an F unit LOCOMOTIVE that just *happens* to be in the color scheme that Santa Fe used for passenger service, including assignment to the Super Chief named TRAIN)... or (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) They (the car manufacturers... Pullman Standard, American Car Foundry and others) took big pieces of steel and put them into huge 200++ ton presses and formed ribs and raised/lowered areas into them for strength. They rounded the ends so that (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

(...) snipped My two numbers correspond to the following sets: <set:758> Storage Tray (ho hum...) and <set:5061> Replacement Motor Wires (is this related to 12 volt train sets?) My Lugnet number is much better: <set:404> Universal Building Set - 467 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  The "Unknown" Santa Fe

I think that the train registry for the 10020 is a great idea! When I got my first three sets, I quickly opened all of the sets to see the numbers, but then after posting the sets numbers, on the Internet (URL), I quickly realized that I decreased (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

(...) I hadn't thought to see what my train numbers were as sets before reading this. I might just have the first number that is actually a train and not a Fabuland set, though. (I haven't read every message in this group, so this is only (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

Dave, check out this pic: (URL) caboose roofs were more slope-like than rounded-curve, and pretty gentle at that. Here is one I did for reference: (URL) slope was so gentle that I choose not to even attempt it and went flat across (except for the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The (very) poor man's 10020 carriage

(...) Chiefs with striped carriages? None of the photos I've found seem to have stripes (some are inconclusive). ROSCO (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief Weight Issues

(...) Indeed. My N class with 2 motorised bogies & the engine motor inside runs no better (grade-wise) than with 1 motorised bogie, and actually causes a single controller to cut out (I assume a heat switch) after an hour or 2 constant running. Also (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) Hey Larry I did find this one picture. It may not be as dramatic of a curve but it does have an arc to it. (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) Hey Lar- Looks like TLC has created a monster;-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact