 Trains / 15628
Re: Santa Fe Distribution Map
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 21:40:45 GMT

Steve Barile wrote:

Can you color in the states where there are LTCs? My guess is that you can
tell already!

This can be done, although as you pointed out I'm not sure of the
immediate worth.  Myabe, I'll do it again when we learn all sets have
been sold.  What I would like to do at some point is do some statistical
analysis of the number distributions- to see if there is any pattern
whatsoever.  That would be interesting.

Interestingly, a few years ago, Dan and Jenn Boger and I plotted the
locations of known centers of lego activity(1) looking for places to
hunt down old and rare sets.  The map looked suprisingly similar to
this, especially in the upper midwest gaps.  We never did use our map.

-c

1- garnered from knowledge of lugnet people, ebay auctions, and word of
mouth.