 Trains / 15603
15602  |  15604
Subject:
Santa Fe Distribution Map
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:39:43 GMT

Last night, I while waiting for something to finish, I put together this
little map of the US Santa Fe engine distribution.

I pulled the data from the SF Registry site, pruned it down to the
US(1), integrated it into a GIS(2) coverage and plotted it on this map.
The height of the bars indicate how many sets are in each state.  For
your reference, I think CA was around 58(53?) and PA was at 13, OH was
seven.

I'm not sure what useful information this gives us but it's interesting
to see that there is a major void of registrants in the western-midwest
and many of the new england states.

What States did the SUper Chief run through?

-c

1- It was easier to play with the data this way, I don't mean to be
US-centric.
2- GIS = Geographic Information Systems