 Trains / 15604
Re: Santa Fe caboose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:55:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David VinZant writes:
I just made a caboose for my Santa Fe. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Dave

Good job on the caboose. I also liked the calf unit you built. I want to get
another Super Chief so I can make a calf too.

One thing I'd like to point out, the Super Chief would never pull a caboose
(not typically, anyway). The silver, red, and yellow color scheme was for
passenger service. Passenger trains didn't pull cabooses. The F3s that would
have had a caboose were painted in a yellow and dark blue color scheme and
were used for freight service.

Mark <<