 Trains / 15565
Re: Santa Fe caboose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:51:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David VinZant writes:
I just made a caboose for my Santa Fe. Check it out and tell me what
you think.

I always like seeing 7 wide cupolas because it validates my design of some
years ago. Getting the cupola yellow is a great touch as well, very
characteristic of late ATSF practice.

However I'm not sure about the curved roof. That seems sort of eastern road
to me. (PRR cabin cars??) Do you have a proto photo that shows that much
curvature in the roof? I'd go with a flat plate roof I think.

Nice work.

Hey Larry I did find this one picture. It may not be as dramatic of a curve
but it does have an arc to it.
http://www.walthers.com/prodimage/0140/01400000005394.gif

Dave