 Trains / 15566
Re: Super Chief Weight Issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 23:01:31 GMT

A few random observations. Manfried is right, 3 motors will often give worse
performance than 2. And 4 can be correspondingly even worse, because of the
current supply limits of the speed regulator.

Indeed. My N class with 2 motorised bogies & the engine motor inside runs no
better (grade-wise) than with 1 motorised bogie, and actually causes a single
controller to cut out (I assume a heat switch) after an hour or 2 constant
running.

Also I've found putting a weight brick in the fuel tank (low CoG) increases
cornering stability as well as traction.

ROSCO