 Trains / 15580
Re: Santa Fe Numbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 01:02:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh writes:
After I received my Santa Fe sets yesterday I was thinking about the
numbers.  Sure it would be nice to have a really low number (like less than
10) but it would also be pretty neat to have a number that corresponds to a
classic or favorite LEGO set.  Imagine if your Santa Fe was number A4558 or
A375 or A6075 or A928.  Personally, I'd love to have A4551 (Crocodile
Engine) or A6542 (Launch 'N Load Sea Port).

Sadly, of the three I received (A1522, A1527, and A1636) only one of them is
actually a LEGO set number and it (1636) was a 3+ Basic Bucket of Bricks
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1636) - not very glamorous!

Ours is A4989, which sadly does not correlate to any LEGO set,
according to the LUGNET database.  My member number, 874, however,
corresponds to an old Technic Accessory Set <set:874>.

But I am pleased to report that after many years of trying to involve
my wife in LEGO, the Super Chief seems to have been the best success
yet.  I let her assemble it (now that's love for you!) while I picked
out the pieces to use in each step.  Since I'm as new to LEGO trains
as she is, perhaps this will help draw her in ... cross your fingers
for me :-)

--Bill.